What oh what ... is the point of a blog???

by highdose 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DanaBug
  • VIII
    VIII

What is the point of Twitter?

"What I did today in 140 characters or less".

Pointless, unless you are a narcissist.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Sorry for the late response, but I don't log in to this forum much lately.

I have started a blog...

I use my blog to write and heal from the past abuses of the JWs. I want the world to know what that religion is capable of in the name of gawd. Keep in mind that some people write to heal, and other people do not like to write.

Here's a good one...

http://hey-whichwayisup.blogspot.com/2010/11/tribunal-of-religious-elders_20.html

Feel free to comment.

Love,

ESTEE (aka: satinka)

• pontoon
    pontoon

Why does someone who participates in a blog question what the point of a blog is?

• jgnat
    jgnat

I blog. For very much the same reason I visit a Discussion Board. To have a Voice.

Now, what is the point of www.twitter.com ?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Blogging is kind of like starting topics on a message board, except you own the site and can moderate comments as you see fit.

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

To look into other people's lives and homes. I enjoy looking at decorating, family, and crafting blogs for free ideas and recipes.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

jnat, I added myself as a follower of your blog.

Your comment is right on:

I blog. For very much the same reason I visit a Discussion Board. To have a Voice.

Cheers,

ESTEE (aka: satinka)

• Farkel
    Farkel

:something i've never understood. Could someone please explain this to me and finaly answer this nagging question?

Every one wants their voice to be heard by others. They want to received validation. Unfortunately, most people just spout nonsense and bullshit, but at least blogs give them hope that someone will read their nonsense and bullshit and get some validation for it.

People who also spout nonsense and bullshit like to read the comments of others who spout nonsense and bullshit. They get to make FRIENDS and spout nonsense and bullshit to each other!

Whatever rings your bell. It's all good.

Farkel

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

A blog is basically a simple online form that allows you to easily create your own website. It is also a place where you can write about anything you want. If it's interesting enough, other people will visit and read it. It doesn't have to be like a personal journal or diary. If you keep your audience in mind when you're writing in it, they will continue reading it.

Here's mine:

http://www.classicalgasemissions.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit