I was scared of apostates.....

by terafera 29 Replies latest jw friends

• terafera
    terafera

Yea, at the time I thought they wanted to harm me.. but I'm sure now they felt sorry me. I do when I see those little kids at the assemblies and meetings! I wonder how many of them would choose to be there or do it for their parents approval....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tera

Thanks for sharing your story. Rays book is great. He expresses no hate at all for the wt. I always feel really sorry for those who are out, still believe in it, and are waiting for god to kill them. They are walking through their lives like they are on death row. There are probably thousands like that. Sad:(

I'm glad you are deprogramming. It's not easy, but you are lucky you weren't in as deep as many others.

SS

• cornish
    cornish

I remember a group outside the Plymouth assembly about ten years ago,they all looked so happy whilst most of the faces on the Witnesses were looking all gloomy so I couldnt help looking at these happy appostates and returning a smile,one of them said to me 'Good day to you,You know thats the first smile I have seen all day,' and guess what ,those words had quite an impact on me,he couldnt have chosen better words, because I really started to notice more than ever that the so called happy people 'Jehovahs Witnesses' were not so happy after all even at the assembly as they went about their ritualistic routine I noticed mostly fed up and gloomy faces on the witnesses.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I remember visiting Bethel in the late 70's. I was about 13 years old at the time and there was this old man outside Bethel who looked as if he hadn't shaved or had a bath in many months. He was hollering out "Look at all the money the Watchtower makes! Look at all the money the Watchtower makes!" Apparently he was the resident apostate and the witnesses I was visiting explained to me that they called him "Mr. Coffee" I remember being rather impressed at having seen my first apostate! To top it off there was a garbage strike going on (peeeee-eeeeew) And the WT owned hotel we were staying at was cockroach infested. AND A GRAND TIME WAS HAD BY ALL For a 13 year old though it was pretty fun.

BW

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I was never afraid of them but when ever they would show up at an assembly with their posters and pickit signs I can remember trying real hard to hear what they were shouting and my mom would be telling me to not pay any attention because they didn't even have any idea what they were saying. My dad would laugh at them. I just thought they were like those same people who clamed to see big foot. Never took them seriously.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Betweenworlds,
    Oh yes, Mr. Coffee. Do you know what happened to him? I married a Bethelite, so I had quite a few encounters with Mr. Coffee.
    Well apparently quite a few years ago, I was still married to the Bethelite at the time, so we had connections and this was confirmed.
    Mr. Coffee was hanging out near some Bethel buildings and got run over by a Bethel truck. The Society had to pay for his hospitalization and surgery. Talk about irony and Karmic debt. LOL
    TW

• freeman
    freeman

I remember going to Bethel before I was baptized, and outside the building were these people with signs. My ‘study conductor’ (hate that phrase) said these people were the “evil slave” and were possessed. I do remember making out one sign, it said “the Watchtower Destroys Families”. I thought at the time how crazy such a claim was. Years latter, and much wiser, I’m ready to get on line with these folks and hold up my own sign.

Freeman

• seedy3
    seedy3

I was raised as a JW, I never remember any apostates at an assembly, maybe my parents were good at hiding them from me (LOL), But I do remember my mom and dad taking about them, the would discuss the russellites and such, and I thought "how could they turn their backs on Jehovah as they did". I never feared them at all. I was more courious of them I guess. Oh man now I am one.......... Hmmmm I guess were not so bad after all.

Seedy

• BERNARD
    BERNARD

I remember an apostate being drag out
    of an assembly hall after prayer. He shouted
    "get my brothers get out there lying save yourself"
    The attendants grab him drag him out and the audience claps of
    the apostate bieng thrown out. HOW I WISHED I LISTENED

• mommy
    mommy

I think I have posted this before, but I have a burning image in my head from when I was around 5 or 6 years old outside of an assembly. I was holding my mothers hand as we crossed the street and there was a man who had a sandwhich board on that was covered in pics of his wife and kids and on the board I read, "The JW"s stole my family." He was crying and shouting, I can't rememebr what he was saying, just that he sounded and looked so sad. My mother picked up the speed and was half dragging me away from him, which was hard for her to do because she is disabled and walked with a limp.

I was my mom's pioneer partner and we often did street and informal witnessing, I was used to her stopping and talking to people on the street. Her attitude was so different with this man, she acted angry. I asked her if we could stop and talk to him, because he was crying and was sad, and lost his family. Her reaction is one I will never forget. She was so cold, unlike her usual self, and said "He left Jehovah and that is why he lost his family." Or something very similar along those lines.

It was years later, when I left the org that I saw the same reaction in her towards me. Total disdain and cold heartedness that can only be equated to hatred. She hated her own flesh and blood because I chose to no longer be a JW. How sad.
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit