Elder "I miss my Brothers"

by jam 10 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

My sister and two older brothers (not JW,s), my younger brother A elder. For

years he have tried to explain why he and the rest of the JW family members shunn me. It fell on

deaf ears. My sister told him years ago, All family gathering we have he(meaning me) will be invited so if you chose not

to come so be it. Well today he called my sister just too see how,s she doing, and in

the conversation he mention the financial diffculties his pioneer daughter and husband and

their two kids are having , and then he ask about us, his brothers. So she ask him

would you consider coming over for A gathering with the rest of the family including your

brother(me). My brother my baby brother who I taught how too fish, taught how too

play basketball, made sure no one would hurt him when he was younger(5yrs younger)

best man in his wedding, family vacation togather(his family and mines).

He told my sister I miss my brothers and he would come to the gathering. Got A

little choke up when she told me. It,s been over 20yrs. we have been togather

socially.

• Think About It
    Think About It

That is great. Hope everyone has a great time. The WTS is wrong on the family shunning.

Think About It

• chickpea
    chickpea

wow... hope it is healing for everyone

• jam
    jam

Thanks, it,s A start...

• carla
    carla

I hope it all goes well and he doesn't chicken out.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

So do I. It's a crack in his armour. Maybe it will lead to a split with the policy of the WT. Let's hope!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It would be great for you all if he turns up. Good luck!

• journey-on
    journey-on

"The four hardest tasks on earth are neither physical nor intellectual feats, but spiritual ones: To return love for hate; to include the excluded, to forgive without apology, to be able to say 'I was wrong'." (author unknown)

Thank goodness for the wisdom of your fleshly sister.

Just before my mother passed away, my husband (never a JW) and I threw a big family barbecue and get-together for our two families. I was beside myself with worry over which one to invite...my DF'd brother whom I loved dearly and NEVER once shunned, or my fanatical JW sister who hadn't spoken to him in years.

My husband said to invite them both and if she chose not to come, so be it. She came, along with her elder husband, her JW daughter and son-in-law and their baby! It was a wonderful day and my mother never looked happier. A few months later, my mother passed away and I have always been so grateful that we were all together one last time before she left us. She always loved family get-togethers.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Call me cynical, but I hope he wants to see you from the heart and not because he's in search of financial assistance for his pioneer daughter and husband.

I've seen too many JWs come out of the woodwork to non-JW families in times of financial stress working that necessary business angle then go back to shunning after they're financially stabilized.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

"The four hardest tasks on earth are neither physical nor intellectual feats, but spiritual ones: To return love for hate; to include the excluded, to forgive without apology, to be able to say 'I was wrong'." (author unknown)

Beautifully said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit