Mothman Prophecies

by patio34 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• patio34
    patio34

This was such an X-File-type movie! They should have had David Duchovny as the star, but Richard Gere did just fine.

It was an entertaining thriller and i enjoyed it.

Has anyone else seen it?

Pat

• MikeNightHaShev
    MikeNightHaShev

I just came into this section to ask if anyone wanted to discuss the
    Mothman incidences and noticed you already started a thread.

I lived in WV for about half a year and never heard of such a story. I've seen a big black cat (panther or cougar?) and some other large animals that could explain gutted animals but they claim those don't exist in that region even with a few reports of sightings of Panthers which have never been substantiated.
    We know many animals have that red eye affect when light hits it at night so the Red eye description is not so spooky or unusual.
    But WV is a strange place as far as receiving meditated visions.
    I had some prophetic incidences prior to going there regarding the place I purchased that were beyond coincidence as foresite to my being in that place for a reason.
    When in WV that's when I was first exposed and lead to know the Mystery of the church and it's created image and what people were really worshiping. Also it's where I received a trivial prophecy which came true later that year, as if to reasure my prophetic gift.
    I was inspired to write my poem called
    'the Understanding' and other social concious insights while there as well.

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Mike,

The movie was based on a book written by a _______ Keel i noticed at the beginning of the film. I thought it was interesting, as your experiences sound.

Pat

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

mothman sightings have occured all over the world for many years, sort of like bigfoot but more widespread and involving prophesies. Very strange if you ask me. I'll never buy chapstick again.

• MikeNightHaShev
    MikeNightHaShev

Yeah someone is saying there is a similar celtic legend and then there are similar urban legends except with a slightly different described creature.
    In the case of New Jersey it's the NJ Devil, in the case of another place it's a ghost of a black dog.
    Of course all these sightings always happen in areas of high alchohol consumption or near toxic waste *L*.

But something all these places have in common, whatever it is seems to steal these people's teeth. They all seem to be having some serious missing teeth problems in these areas. *grin*

• DIM
    DIM

amazing movie, much better than i thought it'd be, and i thought it would be pretty damn good.

• LB
    LB

It had poor reviews mostly but it was a rainy/snowy day and I was too big of a baby to do anything around the ranch, so I packed up Mrs. LB and we took the movie in.

Got myself some unbuttered popcorn and a large diet coke, I was disappointed just before the movie began because I had forgotten to sneak in some peanuts,but I got over it and settled in for the long haul. They showed some great looking trailers and I was afraid that this would be the high point for the afternoon.

But, it was good, I had some "jumps" in it and the cop was the first cop in a long time I wouldn't mind spending time with. Frisk me frisk me.

Anyone notice how well Richard Gere cries? Made me want to bitchslap him a time or two. I'll bet he was one spoiled kid. He juts out that lower lip and lets it flow.

The movie is pretty good though, go see it.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Scully
    Scully

I just saw this movie today. The eerieness of the events really got to me. The prophetic nature of the entity's communication spooked me. I'm glad I had the lights on!!

Love, Scully

In the desert things find a way to survive. Secrets are like this too. They work their way up through the sands of deception so men can know them. - The X Files

• qadreena
    qadreena

i saw it a couple of days ago, very very good, left me in a kinda sombre mood

he had the same chapstick as i have, that was a little scary!!

xxx angel xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit