Elizabeth Edwards Has Died

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi there Misery,

"crawl up in a hole and die" is exactly what he did when he had that affair with that Hunter woman

I thought he was a self centered scoundrel, putting his wife through the 08 campaign, they knew

then that the type of cancer she had was recuring, instead of taking the time to enjoy his family,

it was all about what he wanted.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Lets not be to hard on the guy!! we all sinned at one time or another,OURS wasn't made public thats
    The difference with him & us... He stayed by her when she needed him. He is going to feel very guilty
    So let us pray for the whole family including him
    " Oh the gift that God had give us to see ourselves as others see us"

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Hi there Misery,

"crawl up in a hole and die" is exactly what he did when he had that affair with that Hunter woman

I thought he was a self centered scoundrel, putting his wife through the 08 campaign, they knew

then that the type of cancer she had was recuring, instead of taking the time to enjoy his family,

it was all about what he wanted.

Well he is a lawyer, and he is a politician, and in my personal book....... lawyer + politican= scumbag. At the same however, not to sound like I'm defending him, but what he's done isn't that much different from what people do every day regarding infidelity. Most probably wouldn't do it while their significant other is going through chemotherapy. Regardless, if their spouse is healthy or sick, infidelity is wrong. Coincidentally, as I started typing my response to you, a woman in another department walked by. Its a well known rumor that this woman is involved with a married man in another department. This guy's wife works in an entirely different department too here at the same company. Check this out. Most days I bus it to work, but occasionally I drive. I forgot something in my car, and during lunch I went to grab it. I was parked deep in the dungeon of the parking garage. It's somewhat creepy down there, and I've had female coworkers ask me occasionally to walk them down there to their cars. Well, when I stepped out of the elevator, and made my way to my car, who do I see but the woman I just mentioned walked by! I smiled and nodded my head. Three feet behind her acting real suspicious, was the married man. We did a typical man greeting, and I went to my car. What business would these two have in the dungeon floor of a parking garage? This kind of stuff happens every day. The worst part to me, is this guy's wife is beautiful both physically, and as a person. I've been in training with her, and have worked with her on projects. From what I gather, she's aware of the whats going on too. The woman this guy is cheating with is attractive too, but in more seductive way. She's attractive in the way some sluts are, or how Susan Lucci's roles made bad women attractive.

Something else, the more I've been thinking about it since posting yesterday, I find it ironic that conservative minded people are calling her classy and looking at John Edwards as the worst man who every walked the surface of the earth. Methinks doth protest too much. Elizabeth Edwards was every bit as ambitious as her husband and let just assume hypothetically that he would have been president. You and I both know these conservative rumor mongers would have questioned her character and criticized her every move, the same as they did Hillarly when Bill Clinton was in office, and the same way Michelle gets it now that Obama is in the white house. Just my random thoughts, but her death is just another death to me to be honest with you. I feel kinda numb to it all. I didn't know her. I'm sympathetic, but this is just another news story to me.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Something else, the more I've been thinking about it since posting yesterday, I find it ironic that conservative minded people are calling her classy and looking at John Edwards as the worst man who every walked the surface of the earth. Methinks doth protest too much. Elizabeth Edwards was every bit as ambitious as her husband and let just assume hypothetically that he would have been president.

Well, I am a conservative who thinks the same thing about Elizabeth Edwards.

My simple question is this: What did she know about the mistress at the time Edwards was running for president? I have the distinct impression that she knew, and assisted in covering it up by staying quiet. This guy could very conceivably have been in the White House if not for the Obama/Hillary battle taking center stage

Of course, nobody wants to say anything bad about someone who died young under difficult circumstances - so, I make no definate statement against Elizabeth Edwards.

RIP

• wasblind
    wasblind

" Lets not be to hard on the guy!! we all sinned at one time or another,OURS wasn't made public "

Alright Granny,

I'll keep that great advice in mind

• badseed
    badseed

I always felt bad for her, she seemed like a nice person.

$1200 haircut? lol..my god what do they do, take em one hair at a time.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Alright Granny,

I'll keep that great advice in mind

Oh isn't it nice to see SOMEBODY listens to Granny!!!!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thanks, Misery. Finally someone has noticed the elephant in the middle of the room. I know it is bad form to point out certain things about people who have just passed, but frankly, there are a few posters here who have gone over the top in making this woman out to be a saint. She knew about Johnny boys monkeyshines and quite cooly helped keep them under wraps, even appearing at campaign appearances with him. It is fair to say that she also exploited the sympathy factor of her illness in the quest to help him get elected with Kerry.

Her death is sad, but I see know reason to avoid these facts.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Gregor!! LOVE makes you turn a blind eye! That is what I think she did
    Just my opinion. I know I have loved that stupidly

• Gregor
    Gregor

Gregor!! LOVE makes you turn a blind eye! That is what I think she did
    Just my opinion. I know I have loved that stupidly

Well, that's a nice thought, Mouthy, but in this case the word LOVE could be changed to POLITICAL AMBITION and be more accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit