If America Became a Christian Nation. A must see!!!

by whereami 12 Replies latest jw friends

• whereami
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Ooooooo, good videos!!! Thanks for posting these!!!

America is heading that way, anyway.... I recently spoke with a man who travels overseas frequently; he stated that America is far behind many first-world nations (like France) and even third-world nations (like India) in alternative energy development and use...

Zid

• badcompany
    badcompany

Holy cr@p! Very interesting perspective. Since my departure I've become increasingly suspect of ALL organized religion. After I learned that the "Gospels" were written long after "Jesus" was gone and none of them actually knew him, I've been suspect. Thanks for the vids!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Extremeism is pure, uncut RELIGION that has not been diluted with the progressive views of secular logic and reason."

Wow...

Excellent statement.

I would add, "Extremism is pure, uncut RELIGION that has not been diluted with the progressive views of secular logic and reason, nor informed by the achievements of scientific advancement...."

Zid

• whereami
    whereami

Yeah ziddina, I caught that statement also. Absolutely spot on.

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Unreal. Religion makes me sick. Doesn't much matter what flavor it is anymore. If there is a God, I hope he's nothing like what religion has made him out to be. I'd be disappointed if he were. With the endorsement of slavery in the Scriptures it makes me wonder how black people in America can even think about going to church. And yet, in the South, those black churches are packed to the gills.

• jay88
    jay88

btt

• tec
    tec

Haven't watched it all, yet. But of course, a Christian nation would be a nation that follows Christ and His teachings... and He clarified many things that had been misunderstood in the OT, such as mercy and forgiveness and love being the more important matters of the law. But I also believe this: Give to Caeser what is Caeser's and to God what is God's.

Tammy

• villabolo
    villabolo

Ah, yes. Our nation should be founded on the laws of the Bible "both Old and New Testaments." Tell Mrs. (SFB) Palin what would happen if her husband were being attacked by a man and she came to help him out by grabbing the testicles of the attacker!

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.Deuteronomy 25:11-12. New International Version.

Puuuuhleees ask our would be president how many silver shekels her daughter was worth--errrrh, never mind; that's for virgins.

And why does she speak in Church when she's supposed to shut up?!

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. 1Corinthians 14:34-35. New International Version.

• Satanus
    Satanus

"He clarified many things that had been misunderstood in the OT, such as mercy and forgiveness and love being the more important matters of the law.'

Incompatable, is more acurate.

"Give to Caeser what is Caeser's and to God what is God's."

Are you saying to keep religion out of govt? So then, you would not want a christian govt? Why would that be? Is it because christianity doesn't work in the real world, where wars are fought?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit