Have you seen any JW's with "strange" appearence?

by XPeterX 13 Replies latest jw friends

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

For example someone with piercings,tattoos,beard etc?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Only conscripts and Exs

• Newborn
    Newborn

No I don't think I ever did. If they had piercings they were not baptist yet. However, I've seen a lot of strange clothes outfits

• designs
    designs

Years ago in the early 70's I was in a congregation near LA with a lot of xGang members. We use to throw an annual Beach Party for the Congregation. It was really an eye opener when everyone got to the Beach and took off their shirts to see all of the Tattoos. The Sisters had more Tattoos than the guys except one Brother who had full body Tattoos front and back.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I have seen one very zealous sister in the hall, paint not only her toe nails

but every single corn on each toe also, very odd indeed.

• wobble
    wobble

When I left in 2008, we had an Elder serving as TMS overseer at the time, who wore a beard.

Years ago we had a very pretty sister with a tattoo of a flower on her shoulder, acquired before she came to be a Dub, she soon woke up and did a runner, good for her.

• yknot
    yknot

A lot of our 'older brothers' have military tatoos on their arms from WWII......... as a child I was mortified and strangely fascinated!

Since a lot of them converted in the 50s they have kept their arms covered up and the ink is still considerably 'vibrant'.

A lot of my little brother's peers got an ear pierced.........but they would all remove the studs before entering the KH.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I know of some people that get tattoos. They are typically described as "weak" ones who decide that for a personal reason they want to get inked. There is no law put upon Christians not to do this, it is a personal decision. I can tell you that there are a great many younger people 30s and younger who just aren't going to take every word said from the platform as gospel. They aren't necessarily looking to leave the JWs or get DF'd but they feel a need to express their individuality in some way.

• badcompany
    badcompany

I knew a sister that carried a Derringer pistol in her boot. I didn't find out until after I was out. I used to set the mic's for the TMS so I sat up front. I remember her doing talk 3/4 wearing boots. Didn't know she was packing then.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

My sister and I cut off our hair, bleached it platinum and spiked it for a while... but as the above posting stated we were 'weak' at that time. We both have several tattoos as well. And my sister has her nose pierced. I know several sisters with navel piercings and nobody says anything about that. Oh and I had purple in my hair for several months - a few people sidled up to me and told me they LOVED it - but none of the elders commented one way or the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit