What proportion of Jehovah's Witnesses will make a convert in their lifetime?

by stapler99 15 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

So much for the great influx right before the 'end' huh?

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Does anyone know what 'status' you fall into on the official records as far as a baptized publisher that is just 'inactive', no removal of privileges, just not reporting time for 6 months or more? Do they not qualify as being counted as a pub? Just wondering if they are still counted then that skews the numbers even more.

• dgp
    dgp

I am not a witness but I can tell you this much: in the twenty years I lived in the same street, I saw many witnesses coming and going. Not one person converted. The population of my street I would estimate at five hundred. Of course, over the years, many people moved in and out.

Question: did the fact that you weren't converting anyone made anyone think that, hey, something was the real matter with the doctrine?

• badseed
    badseed

The witnesses are not programmed to actually convert anyone, their job is to warn people, if someone joins thats a plus. Most witnesses don't tend to think that if they have 0 converts that it is due to their doctrine. However, it would be safe to say that because of their doctrines they believe not many will join.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I had two, both high school buddies. One began studying to get out of the military and there by missed Vietnam. The other pioneered with me (see my post "confessions of a wayward pioneer, at

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/202517/1/Confessions-of-a-Wayward-Pioneer and went to Bethel. The way I looked at it I might have 'saved' two guys from getting wounded or killed in one of our stupid, needless and tragic wars. Mission accomplished!

I was a miserable pioneer and wouldn't teach the blood doctrine or Armageddon!

I do remember a couple of sisters who accounted for more conversions then the entire congregation. "Each one to their gifts' would have been a smart policy for the WTBTS to follow. The door to door ministry was over in the sixties. When I'd go out in service on a Saturday or Sunday morning you could hear the TV's set to a 'Preacher man' show or pro wrestling! Either one was doing a whole lot better then we were.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Does anyone know what 'status' you fall into on the official records as far as a baptized publisher that is just 'inactive',

If you report every month for six consecutive months you are a 'regular publisher'

If you miss a month you are an 'irregular publisher'

If you do not report for six consecutive months you are no longer counted as a JW.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit