Sharing today this

by purplesofa 3 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's been over four years since my youngest brother committed suicide.

Afterwards, my siblings and I all lived in different states and had lives to get on with.

We all dealt with Danny's loss apart from each other in our own ways.

We lost close touch with each other, but over the last few weeks, we have been

reconnecting, my brother finally contacting my sister after over a year of no contact.

Dealing with the death of Danny was something we all felt we needed to do alone.

Oddly enough, last night I got an email from Danny's girlfriend, a beautiful girl I met at his funeral.

She was saying Hello and wishing us a good holiday season.

She must have picked up on what my brother, sister and I were feeling this week, IDK.

But, she is still going through her own process.

She sent me a song that I wanted to

share, and (((((((hugs)))))) to all those who have lost a loved one to suicide.

Grieving through this kind of death seems to have different kinds of steps than a

natural death. I was able to go along for quite some time telling myself this was just

my brothers decision to end his life. I've read and researched allot about suicide deaths,

this being the second in my family. There has been several helpful supportive threads at this board,

where others have shared their thoughts and feelings on dealing with a suicide death.

Maybe sharing this song will help another today,

Leslie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3_85GXsKqk

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There is often a song to fit a situation or feeling. Many times, Rascal Flatts has that song.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Beautiful song, purplesofa. Thanks for sharing. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• clarity
    clarity

Leslie, sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing the song. I'm sure it will help someone else.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit