Tell Old School Friends That You've Left?

by Englishman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• freeborg
    freeborg

Eman,

I signed upto friends reunited about 6months ago and had great fun getting in touch with school mates, all of which remembered me as a witness. I took great delight in telling them that I had put that all behind me, I even got intouch with an old witness friend who I have helped get out of the borg.

• cornish
    cornish

ballistic
    thanks for the tip you ol devil

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Using FR.co.uk I have managed to track down quite a few poeple. The best and most recent is a friend I have known since I was 5 years old. I last saw him 20 years ago. He joined the Royal Air Force and I lost track of him. I have managed to get in touch and we have exchanged some e-mail. He gets a detachment to the US this year and I hope we get a chance to meet up.

On the other hand, a person I knew in the same grade as me at high school and a JW has recently joined the site. There are only 20 odd people listed for our graduation year, me among them. She hasn't got in touch, I wonder why . It seems old high friends are OK but ex-dubs like me are a no-no. News must have crossed the Atlantic.

Thirdson

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Very interesting subject Englishman. I didn't have but a small circle of friends because of being a JW. But I did contact my closest one. And kept her updated as of the last few years. She told me some very interesting things about myself as a teenager, that I really hadn't consciously recognized, that were directly related to being a Witness.
    Next October, Thinker and I are planning to attend my twenty-fifth year reunion. I have never attended one. Looking forward to it. Should be interesting.
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit