Did this talk ever happen?

by bottleofwater 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

I heard that in a certain congregation an elder was giving a talk about profanity and the need to avoid it.

He started then counting on his fingers different obscenities and saying them out loud.

Those in the audience were shocked. He was taken off the stage and had his elder book taken from him.

Did anyone ever hear of this happening? Any details or similar stories on that matter?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was there, unbelievable!!!!!!

• King Korn
    King Korn

^Wow, truthfully, what are the odds...

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82

what elder would dare say swears on the platform? He must have had doubts about the organization and that was his way of getting out lol

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Hmm I call shenanigans. But okay....

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I was kidding about being there!!!

The worst I heard is when he said breasts for beasts.

What was worse is I laughed and no one else did.

purps

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Those in the audience were shocked. He was taken off the stage and had his elder book taken from him.

This made me laugh out loud seriously.

-Sab

• King Korn
    King Korn

^Haha I hated it when that happened! Like when we had that WT study some years ago and I had to go there with my mom, and it was on the topic of the city of "Shittim" only I hadn't studied at all. And then here my grandma answers and says "Yes, well in the city of Shittim there were..." and I just cracked up (Sitting right next to her too lol it was soooo embarassing). What made it worse of course was I was the oooooonly person in the room who thought it was funny... lol.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

What made it especially sad was that Bro. Carlin had been such a role model up until that point.

(For what it's worth, I also call bull.)

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i am laughing my ass off picturing this old elder getting on stage and counting on his fingers like "Fuck, Shit, Ass, Bitch", etc LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit