How Old is Christianity?

by ProdigalSon 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I thought this Holiday Season, a time when Christians all around the world celebrate the birth of the SUN on December 25th, if they actually know WHY they are doing this?

A few years ago, my biggest moment of awakening came while I was listening to a 2-hour interview between Jeff Rense and the occult expert Michael Tsarion.... Tsarion was spilling the beans on who wrote the Bible and why, and how our brains and DNA were "unplugged" which was the real reason for the "fall of man".

MEET THE VERY FIRST MONOTHEISTIC GOD IN RELIGION.... The EGYPTIAN, SOLAR deity "RA", also known as "ATEN".

http://www.google.com/search?q=atenism&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=YEp&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=atenism&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=58f24a67740fa236

Remember Prince and the Super Bowl Halftime show in 2004 with his Egyptian ANKH guitar?

I've brought this up before, so for those of you who remember, I apologize for the repetition. There are a couple of statements made by some very influential people in Christian history that would very strongly suggest that Christianity did not start with Jesus. The first is by the Apostle Paul:

".....continue in the faith, established on the foundation and steadfast, not being shifted away from the hope of that good news which you heard, and which was preached in all creation that is under heaven. Of this good news, I Paul, became a minister." ~Colossians 1:23.

Here, Paul is clearly saying, at a time before his missionary work to the West began, and TO THIS DAY his particular "good news" of Jesus Christ, as presented by the Christian religion, has YET to be preached to any significant extent in the Far East.... that THE ENTIRE WORLD ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT IT.

And of course, there's this little tidbit from, admittedly not the brightest of lights the Church ever had, but extremely influential nonetheless.....Saint Augustine of Hippo:

That which is known as the Christian religion existed among the ancients, and never did not exist; from the beginning of the human race until the time when Christ came in the flesh, at which time the true religion, which already existed began to be called Christianity.

~ Retractions, Book One, Part 12, "One Book on the True Religion."

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    MEET THE VERY FIRST MONOTHEISTIC GOD IN RELIGION.... The EGYPTIAN, SOLAR deity "RA", also known as "ATEN".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten

Akhenaten (pronounced /???k?'n??t?n/ ; [1] often also spelled Echnaton , Akhnaton , or rarely Ikhnaton ; meaning Effective spirit of Aten) was known before the fifth year of his reign as Amenhotep IV (sometimes given its Greek form, Amenophis IV, and meaning Amun is Satisfied), a Pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt, ruled for 17 years and died in 1336 BC or 1334 BC. He is especially noted for abandoning traditional Egyptian polytheism and introducing worship centered on theAten, which is sometimes described as monotheistic or henotheistic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten#Speculative_theories

Akhenaten appears in history almost two-centuries prior to the first archaeological and written evidence for Judaism and Israelite culture is found in the Levant. Abundant visual imagery of the Aten disk was central to Atenism, which celebrated the natural world, while such imagery is not a feature of early Israelite culture. [ 51 ] However, pottery found throughout Judea dated to the end of the 8th century BC has seals resembling a winged sun disk burned on their handles. These are argued to be the royal seal of the Judean Kingdom. [ 52 ]

Ahmed Osman has claimed that Akhenaten's maternal grandfather Yuya was the same person as the Biblical Joseph. Yuya held the title "Overseer of the Cattle of Min at Akhmin" during his life.

BTS

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Could this be the reason for Russell's winged sun disk?

Does Prince know something we don't?

Have the people who run the Watchtower behind the scenes instructed the "shepherds" not to mess with him?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    That which is known as the Christian religion existed among the ancients, and never did not exist; from the beginning of the human race until the time when Christ came in the flesh, at which time the true religion, which already existed began to be called Christianity.

Here is the source for this quote, with context.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here is Eusebius, writing in the early 4th century, and predating Augustine of Hippo, in his "History of the Church"

Book I, Chapter 4, Verse 4:

But although it is clear that we are new and that this new name of Christians has really but recently been known among all nations, nevertheless our life and our conduct, with our doctrines of religion, have not been lately invented by us, but from the first creation of man, so to speak, have been established by the natural understanding of divinely favored men of old. That this is so we shall show in the following way.

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/npnf201.iii.vi.iv.html

'

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Just to clarify what it means to me, it would appear that Jesus came, not to establish a new religion, but to refresh and enhance established truths. That HE is the ONLY way, as a one-time historical "sacrificial lamb" who saves the *faithful*, and not as an EXAMPLE for us all to follow, is an invention of the Roman Church, for their own nefarious purposes. All this to draw attention away from our own PERSONAL SACRIFICES that we have to make to attain Christhood. This energy and consciousness enters our realm of reality and thoughts through the SUN, yes, the one in the sky.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Just to clarify what it means to me, it would appear that Jesus came, not to establish a new religion, but to refresh and enhance established truths.

Well, ProdigalSon, as a member of the Roman church, I disagree with parts of your analysis. Even your quotes above are by the brilliant Augustine of Hippo, who was a bishop and doctor of the Roman church.

That HE is the ONLY way, as a one-time historical "sacrificial lamb" who saves the *faithful*, and not as an EXAMPLE for us all to follow, is an invention of the Roman Church, for their own nefarious purposes.

Really? How do you know this? All that you know about Jesus is in books written and preserved by the Church. You would know nothing otherwise.

“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

This ...consciousness enters our realm of reality and thoughts through the SUN, yes, the one in the sky.

No our consciousness proceeds from our brains.

On the other hand, the sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace, where hydrogen is built into helium at a temperature of millions of degrees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me06I9GDM_k

BTS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The principles of Christianity are not new or where they invented by Christ, perhaps he expanded on them in regards to certain things and took them to the next level ( Love your neighbours became love your enemies, forgiveness became a "condition" on being forgiven, judgment of others became the yard stick to our judgment, forgiving others no matter how many times they worng us, etc, etc).

The uniquiness of Christianity isn't just in the principles buin how and why they came to be - No other Godgave of himself for Us, no other religion states that God came down to us, to our level and gave of himself to Us.

Most religions have these rules and laws and steps that lead one to God or salvation or "paradise", but Christianity says tha there is nothing we can do to get that, it admits our biggest "failure" which is KNOWING what is right but still being compelled to do what is wrong and because of that God took matters into his own hands and came down to US because there was no way for us to come UP to Him.

As for December 25th, regadless of what it MAY have meant to anyone in the pass, what it means to US NOW is the date we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour ( not the date of his birth, but the fact that he was born).

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The principles of Christianity are not new or where they invented by Christ, perhaps he expanded on them in regards to certain things and took them to the next level

PSac has kicked correct squarely in the gonads. What is good and true, is good and true, regardless of who says it, where they said it, or when in history they said it.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews+1&version=NIV

BTS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son.

I think this has a great significance because as the wrter of Hebrews goes on to state, it was one thing to ignore the prophets and even the law makers, it is quite a different thing to ignore the Son Of God who has al the authority of God and speaks for God for he is THE WORD of God.

Perhaps the people of the past had an "excuse", but no longer.

Right was always right but when people woudl say, "who are you to tell us what is right?", what could anyone say to that in the ancient days?

Well, Christ came and vindicated the truth and vindicate the righteous and while we may still deny Christ, it is a far bigger issue then simpel denying a prophet or law maker.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit