House to House and Door to Door proves to be a shame diversion

by Terry 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They don't really want the message to be Understood?

Too right they don't..If the public understood that they are preaching fire and brimstone, death and destruction to all non believers...they would get so much bad publicity, may even be closed down. They give, instead, a bland "Would you like to understand The Bible?", type of presentation. Only when a person is hooked in, on the promise of "World Peace" do they learn the hard stuff.

You are right, we always said that the main purpose (we used to say benefit) of The Ministry was to keep the congregation busy...

• Terry
    Terry

As I mentioned on another topic:

According to the Watchtower Society the Divine Plan of Jehovah is to select for himself a core of constituents from among all the people, perfect them and rule the world after wreaking havoc, shock and awe upon his enemies. A thousand years of peace will follow.

I feel repugnance at Watchtower Society for having stolen the actual plans of ADOLF HITLER and passing them off as God's!

Hitler planned on gathering together a Master Race and inflicting terror and death on all who didn't meet his standards, after which, the Third Reich would rule a thousand years.

Says alot about the Governing Body, doesn't it?

This sounds good to them too!

• The_Present_Truth
    The_Present_Truth

Thank goodness I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

• stapler99
    stapler99

What has been said is very true and I agree with it. If Armageddon was imminent there would be much better ways of warning about it.

It's not necessarily true that the way a sect sustains itself has been designed by anyone. Sometimes you just have to hit on a design which works. Jehovah's Witnesses are old enough that even the people at the top are true believers, whatever you think of Rutherford et al. They seem to fill a niche - they have made converts and the high commitment and inward looking cultishness has been successful in keeping members. (High commitment? Yes, this makes it an important part of your life and makes you justify to yourself you have spent your time.) This is at the expense of a huge amount of members' time, of course.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Terry, awesome as always, Is there a list out there with all the pubs and their erroneous teachings? If someone helps finding the sources I can the collage easily.

• ziddina
    ziddina

marking...

• Terry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit