Did You Consider Yourself An "Ordained Minister?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I took pride as a 9 year old "boy" that I was a "minister". I had a card that I carried in my wallet (with no money in it) that said I was a "Minister".

• minimus
  • undercover
    undercover

Apparently you were alone in your aspirations of being a minor minister*

*not to be confused with minor prophet

• cheerios
    cheerios

not really. i thought it was stupid to say that all baptised members are 'ordained ministers' ... mostly because it's comparing apples to oranges ... ordained minister to a non-dubbie means something totally different

• cheerios
    cheerios

<<edited to remove double post :( >>

• designs
    designs

I an Elder I was available for Weddings and Funerals and I still am, got my Justice of the Peace docs..

• jay88
    jay88

I couldn't preach my way out of wet paper bag, as a dub .

• undercover
    undercover

I am street corner minister...

Hear me babble incoherently

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS,

To be quite honest with you: No, I did not. In fact, I felt rather uncomfortable with the whole idea. Besides, when I was 'studying' I was told "we have no clergy class" and this was a desirable thing to me and one of the things that drew me. I liked the whole idea of everybody being 'equal'. So, I certainly did not need or WANT to be considered an 'ordained minister'. Wow, I cringe at the thought.

Somehow, this type of talk all faded away and I don't think they made too much of it.

• Terry
    Terry

Among all the misrepresentations JW's make, this is the real clunker.

Practicing medicine or law without credentials will get you arrested. But, memorizing the Watchtower's view on what out-of-context scriptures mean makes you "ordained"!

I speak to Seminary Students all the time at the bookstore.

They have to study Greek and Hebrew in a genuine manner as well as the early history of christianity and the writings of the early church fathers.

JW's can't read Greek or hebrew at all, but, they carry around an Interlinear like it is a big deal.

Familiarity with early christian history is spotty and cut and paste misrepresention by the Society to prove some obscure point of doctrine.

Actually reading the writings of early church fathers just ain't uh gonna happen!

JW's as ministers? To whom do they minister in a meaningful christian manner? Widows and orphans? Not hardly.

These are charlatans and wannbe ministers who want the reward without putting in the study and taking the finals.

The call themselves "witnesses". Yeah? What did they actually witness? Nothing!

They are repeaters of hearsay and nothing more than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit