Simple yes/no answers

by goddidit 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• goddidit
    goddidit

I just can't understand JW beliefs so I thought I'd try to get some simple yes/no answers. This is a genuine effort to understand and I hope nobody takes it as an insult. Hope some of you folks don't mind spending a bit of time on this. Many thanks.

Which of the following statements are true? Please answer true, false, or don’t know.
    • Every edition of the NWT bible ever printed is identical, word for word, letter for letter.
    • The NWT bible is absolutely 100% accurate in the historic events and artefacts (buildings, rivers etc.) it describes. If it seems to contain errors or contradictions, that is just because the reader is misunderstanding.
    • Some, possibly very few, details of the NWT bible aren’t 100% accurate but that is due to small errors in copying and language translation over the years since the original manuscripts.
    • The bible isn’t intended to be a detailed analysis of history, but its overall message is generally true and it is meant to be taken as a guide to living and an instruction from God.
    • The bible was originally written (pen to paper, chisel to stone or whatever) by men, all of which were directly inspired by God.
    • The bible was originally written (pen to paper, chisel to stone or whatever) by men, only some of which were directly inspired by God.
    • God’s inspiration took the form of which of the following?
    o Direct dictation of words
    o Influencing people’s lives in such a way that they wrote the correct words
    o Commanding people to write what they saw
    o Revealing truth directly to people’s minds
    o Some of the first four statements (please specify which)
    o All of the first four statements
    • Every human, chimp, lion, mouse, kangaroo, ferret and goat alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark.
    • Every insect alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark.
    • Every plant life alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark.
    • Every bird alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark.
    • Freshwater fish, which cannot live in saltwater, did not survive the flood.
    • Freshwater fish did not exist before the flood.
    • Freshwater fish are the descendents of saltwater fish that adapted to freshwater after the flood.
    • Dinosaurs went extinct before the great flood.
    • Dinosaurs were wiped out by the flood.
    • Dinosaurs were on Noah’s ark.
    • Bats are birds.
    • Before ‘the fall’ there was no death whatsoever.
    • Before ‘the fall’ there was no death except for some ‘lower’ life forms, perhaps including bacteria.
    • Before ‘the fall’ shellfish didn’t die.
    • Before ‘the fall’, tapeworms were vegetarians.

• asilentone
    asilentone

ask badboy, but he has not been posting here lately. He is a big fan of Noah.

• goddidit
    goddidit

Thanks asilentone. Is there a way to send a direct message to someone?

• asilentone
    asilentone

His name is Paul Rumbold. Google his name, he posts alot of blogs about different things. You can find a way to contact him.

• asilentone
  • MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This is what I think:

Yes, it is 100% accurate

Yes, there are no contradictions

No, NWT is infallible

No, it's all accurate

Yes, written by men, inspired by God

No, written by men, all inspired of God

Yes, to all of the first four statements

Yes, all animals come from Noah's Ark

Yes, all insects come from Noah's Ark

Not necassarily. According to the account, there must have been trees alive when the waters came back down.

Yes, because birds can't fly around for half a year without resting on something.

Errr, the answer is holy spirit.

Once again, holy spirit.

Ahhh... yes they must have adapted... through holy spirit.

Dinosaurs were wiped out by the flood.

No dinosaurs were on Noah's ark.

Bats are sort of like birds.

Animals died before "the fall". How else would Adam and Eve know what death were?

Before the fall, animals must have been vegetarians since no animals harm each other in new world, and new world is replica of paradise from old.

I see your lines of reasoning. Very clever thinking there.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm answering these to the best of my ability:

• Every edition of the NWT bible ever printed is identical, word for word, letter for letter. - FALSE

• The NWT bible is absolutely 100% accurate in the historic events and artifacts (buildings, rivers etc.) it describes. If it seems to contain errors or contradictions, that is just because the reader is misunderstanding. - FALSE

• Some, possibly very few, details of the NWT bible aren't 100% accurate but that is due to small errors in copying and language translation over the years since the original manuscripts. - FALSE

• The bible isn't intended to be a detailed analysis of history, but its overall message is generally true and it is meant to be taken as a guide to living and an instruction from God. - Watchtower would say TRUE; I say FALSE.

• The bible was originally written (pen to paper, chisel to stone or whatever) by men, all of which were directly inspired by God. - WT says TRUE, I say FALSE.

• The bible was originally written (pen to paper, chisel to stone or whatever) by men, only some of which were directly inspired by God. - FALSE

• God’s inspiration took the form of which of the following?
    o Direct dictation of words - WT says SOMETIMES, I say FALSE.
    o Influencing people’s lives in such a way that they wrote the correct words - I don't understand what this means
    o Commanding people to write what they saw - WT says SOMETIMES, I say FALSE
    o Revealing truth directly to people’s minds - WT says SOMETIMES, I say FALSE
    o Some of the first four statements (please specify which)
    o All of the first four statements
    • Every human, chimp, lion, mouse, kangaroo, ferret and goat alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark. - WT says TRUE, I say FALSE
    • Every insect alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark. - The WT would say DON'T KNOW, I say FALSE
    • Every plant life alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark. - FALSE
    • Every bird alive today has a direct ancestor on Noah’s ark. - The WT would say DON'T KNOW, I say FALSE
    • Freshwater fish, which cannot live in saltwater, did not survive the flood. - The WT says HUH?, I say FALSE
    • Freshwater fish did not exist before the flood. - The WT says HUH? I say there was no flood.

• Freshwater fish are the descendants of saltwater fish that adapted to freshwater after the flood. - The WT says HUH? I say there was no flood.
    • Dinosaurs went extinct before the great flood. - FALSE
    • Dinosaurs were wiped out by the flood. - WT says TRUE, I say there was no flood!
    • Dinosaurs were on Noah’s ark. - WT says FALSE, I say there was no flood
    • Bats are birds. - FALSE
    • Before ‘the fall’ there was no death whatsoever. FALSE
    • Before ‘the fall’ there was no death except for some ‘lower’ life forms, perhaps including bacteria. FALSE
    • Before ‘the fall’ shellfish didn’t die. FALSE
    • Before ‘the fall’, tapeworms were vegetarians. WT says HUH? I say there was no fall

For the record I am an atheist and believe in evolution. The Watchtower is a publishing company, a real-estate company and mind-control evil cult.

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES - ALL those statements are - FALSE

Simple!

• fokyc
    fokyc

YES - ALL those statements are - FALSE

Simple!

• goddidit
    goddidit

I really appreciate all of your responses. Thank you.

Anyone else want to answer? Answers so far are helpful but I should've been clearer and said I'm looking for the JW perspective, whether you still hold it or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit