My last Meeting Experience

by foolsparadise 14 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinlimbo
    stuckinlimbo

Wish I could do that but I feel too bad for my parents so I faded and just berate my mother about how ludicrous it is from time to time and then apologise for upsetting her, etc, etc. They mean well so I don't do anything blatant but I fantasise about being able to do what you did. Well done

• I quit!
    I quit!

Wow! And I thought I left rather abrupty. You da man!

I think there comes a time in every JW's life where a light goes on and they realize that their being feed a load of crap. Sadly a lot of them don't have the courage to take a stand like you did and free themselves so they spend the remaining years of their lives ignoring their doubts and acting as if all is well. It sounds to me like your father reached that point but decided try to ignore all the warning signs that something was very wrong in the Tower and keep on going.

When you're a JW and feel like you just can't go on any further my advice is first turn around then put one foot in front of the other and then keep going. It gets easier after a few steps. Then run like hell! You'll be glad you did.

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Thanks I Quit! I love your name by the way. My dad has been through the ringer as a JW. There was a point when he was 50 years old where he stopped going to meetings for about 9 months. He can not let go of the fantasy of living forever. He used to walk around the house when I was a teenager saying "Were going to live forever, were never going to die". He has abandoned me his firstborn son and my wife and his only two grandchildren ages 7 and 11. He is a sucker and a fool. My sister is just like him and I have cut all contact because of her hypocrisy. She is dying to see my kids but I wont let her be around them. I will never let my kids associate with my dad or sister ever again until they both get psychological help

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

well done Fools , a great way to go

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

good going 'fools paradise', took some guts to do but what a way to go

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit