Hello

by FieryIce 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• FieryIce
    FieryIce

…pulls up a nice big comfy arm chair….wheels in the snack and dessert tray….sorry all I have is coffee or kool-aid…pull up a chair, those that are interesting in knowing a bit about me…here I am:

I am not J.W., never really was of any religion, I went once with my uncle to a Catholic sermon (many moons ago). I had too many questions about the sermon and the strange language, so my uncle said he would never take me back there...haha
    I had been to several Catholic Sundays with a dear friend and his wife, he was so proud to be doing the sermon he just had to take me to his church.
    When my third child was born, I took the 4 of us (children and myself) to be baptized at the local Anglican Church. I didn't attend many Sundays there either, they just didn't like me...haha...I think the only reason I went was for the music and to hear the organ with the huge big pipes.
    I had always thought everyone had someone walking with him or her; if you asked...wow...you got. As I got older I realized, this was not necessarily so for everyone.
    I was aware there was suppose to be a gathering, but never found it. I thought that was extremely strange.
    It wasn't until I came to a certain web site when Norval (ElijahTheThird) mentioned it. A few years ago I remember asking Norval about his funny little icon with the rainbow, his reply was "Kingdom". I naturally assumed J.W. and my husband at the time steered me away from checking out about this "Kingdom".
    I am doing my "official" first reading of the Bible, pieces are fitting together, I am getting explanations for the oddities about myself and my life so far...there is more to the stories but it is boring...haha.
    I am in awe of what the gifts can be or the thought of what is possible.
    For me it has always been like someone standing behind me with their hands on my shoulders, turning me this why, pushing me that way, pointing out things, like when I saw a child in mid winter without a winter coat, mitts and hat, wouldn't that wrench your heart. It did to whom hands where behind me. Or a test, like let's see what you do with this test. It is best when there are several tests running at the same time
    I think the main gift is seeing which way to go, and knowing the way to go.....also doing it.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hello, FieryIce!

Are you a Newfie?
    I used to live in Ontario, but I'm a Yankee!

So, am I right in thinking that you're here because ElijahtheThird posts here? Are you looking for spiritual, other-than-JW insight?
    I'm afraid I have none to offer as I'm pretty confused and perplexed after my years of following the decrees of the men in Brooklyn, but you may find some interesting debates in the Bible, Beliefs and Doctrine forum.

Or has your life been messed up by the JW religion, too, despite your never having personally been a JW?

Welcome to the Board,

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Hey Fiery, smiles and Holy Hugs to yah. *grins* I know you are doing some reading here, and you will find several interesting posters that is for sure. Along with the usual "agents". rofl. There are a couple here that if it is their same handles as I have seen else where, then I know them. They are great thinkers and reason with competency.

Norval

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello and welcome.

I what you said:

I think the main gift is seeing which way to go, and knowing the way to go.....also doing it.
    Very true.

[:)}

• FieryIce
    FieryIce

Hi outnfree, I moved to Newfoundland a year ago last december from Ontario. Here, I can let my kids go outside to play and not worry too overly about them. There is not the level of crime or traffic here as in Ontario; yes there is not the population either. My kids can meet kids of a whole new culture; I even saw a whale here in the cove.
    There are a few that post here that I know, I don't recall if it was one of them or ElijahtheThird that mentioned this board to me.
    I have read some great posts on this board and keep coming back.

Hi Prisca, thank you for the welcome.
    Hi Noval, hugs.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

My love she speaks like silence
    Without ideals or violence
    She doesn't have to say she's faithful
    Yet she's true like ice like fire.

Hi Fieryice

was your handle influenced by Love Minus Zero/No Limit??

The Pope

• FieryIce
    FieryIce

Hi Pope
    I did a search and Love Minus Zero/No Limit is a song by Bob Dylan.

No, my username was not influenced by Love Minus Zero/No Limit; the reason for your asking eludes me. Maybe you can tell me why you asked that question.
    Actually, a month after my husband, my three children's father passed away from cancer I got an end of the line computer and the internet. I wanted to join a chat group, theglobe.com; I just knew there had to be some chat out there that wasn't sex and garbage. I had a computer game sitting on my desk called Fire and Ice...that was how I came up with my username and I have used it ever since.

You use the title Pope as a username, are or were you affliated with the Catholic church?

I pose a question, maybe someone on this board would know. It came to mind the other day that the Catholic church, the Pope, has an extensive library, who has access to that library?

Gale

• logical
    logical

Hello

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hello FieryIce,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your personal loss. I'm sure it is difficult to raise three children all on your own. I hope the move is working out for you and your chldren.
    What are their ages?

• ballistic
    ballistic

quote: the organ with the huge big pipes.

ha heeeheee teee heee heeee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit