Todays WT study illustration of Jesus doing away Capitol Hill and Obama - a statement of the WTS?

by Gorbatchov 101 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

It's a ridiculous image depicting a ridiculous concept and that is the Wrath of God and or Jesus Christ.

What a stupid attritubte to give God... Wrath against Humans... He creates us with free will and then we do something that he doesn't like so he gets WRATHFUL (look up that word in the dictionary, it's hardcore anger) and destroys billions.

What a just God indeed.

-Sab

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I think it's Lord Maitreya... with white hair to fit in with Revelation.....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I saw this pic, I too was wondering if it depicted Obama and the U S Capitol ? As a Brit I was not sure and the detail was very small . I had a magnifying glass on it. Now I have taken the pic as posted here, cropped it and re sized it ( I am not sure how it will post up, but I hope it is clearer)

Sometimes , I am sure that the art dept have a dark sense of humour and love to put weird things into the pics, do they slip them past the Writing Committee?

I am sure now, it is Obama being wiped out by the almighty arm of a warrior king, Jesus Christ.....

• blondie
    blondie

Revelation 1:12 Then I turned to see [whose was] the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 And in the midst of the lampstands [One] like a Son of Man, clothed with a robe which reached to His feet and with a girdle of gold about His breast. 14 His head and His hair were white like white wool, [as white] as snow, and His eyes [flashed] like a flame of fire.

I think the WTS is applying these scriptures as to the appearance of Christ.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Sorry. No girdle of gold or flashing eyes. Just watchtower stupid.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

because it has a resemblance to Obama it is a subliminal message to impress into the mind that the end is so close now

"it is obvious that the great tribulation is really close now" "the end of this system is so close" actual statements made by the elder conducting the study, I wanted to ask him if he could tell me what he means by that

• therevealer
    therevealer

A few months ago I was talking to a witless and he with great anxiousness in his voice cautioned to be on the alert for "this fall". Well this fall and nothin. I keep hoping to run into him and ask what I missed.

• undercover
    undercover
    Well this fall and nothin. I keep hoping to run into him and ask what I missed.

And he won't remember the previous conversation... They're always looking to "the end" so much that they don't realize the present or remember the recent past. Anything said about how close the end is will be repeated year after year after year without them ever realizing that they're no closer than the first time they said it decades ago.

My father-in-law can go from talking about his retirement plans to proclaiming that the end will come in the next few years in the same conversation without ever realizing that he's contradicting himself. He's planning on retiring and having the means to live comfortably until he dies, but he keeps preaching how the end will come soon and he won't have to suffer from dibilating sickness or death. Well...which one is it? Dying fat and happy...or living through Armageddon to see the other side?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    It's a ridiculous image depicting a ridiculous concept and that is the Wrath of God and or Jesus Christ.

While the depiction is absolutely ridiculous... and with no basis whatsoever, dear Sab (peace to you!)... the Bible does mention the wrath of God.

What a stupid attritubte to give God... Wrath against Humans...

Wouldn't that depend on the humans such wrath is against?

He creates us with free will and then we do something that he doesn't like so he gets WRATHFUL (look up that word in the dictionary, it's hardcore anger) and destroys billions.

Yes, but just what is that "something"? Both the WT and you are leaving that very imporant piece of information out.

What a just God indeed.

So, the WTBTS creates an absolutely absurd depiction of something they've conjured up to occur... and you're mad at God?? Let me let you in on a little secret: that is exactly what they exist for, what their purpose is... and what their lies, propoganda, and false depictions are designed to DO. Lead YOU... to curse God. And intelligent creature though you may [believe yourself to] be... you're just outside that line. Do you SEE?

I truly hope so... and, again, bid you peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Blondie:

Revelation 1:12 Then I turned to see [whose was] the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 And in the midst of the lampstands [One] like a Son of Man, clothed with a robe which reached to His feet and with a girdle of gold about His breast. 14 His head and His hair were white like white wool, [as white] as snow, and His eyes [flashed] like a flame of fire.

I think the WTS is applying these scriptures as to the appearance of Christ.

I think the depiction of the Old Godzilla is old because it is meant to represent something ancient. Like perhaps the "Ancient of Days" or "Ancient One".

AO= Ancient One

AO= Alpha Omega

AO= Ancient Order

Ancient Mystical Order?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit