My Brother Cares.....Not!

by geevee 8 Replies latest jw friends

• geevee
    geevee

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/102567/1/My-own-Brother-writes

So, periodically I might text him about the football or that a relative has died, or some other excuse to have some kind of contact. Yes... I should know better, but you know, I got to try.

It obviously gets under his skin and annoys him. So I had another little try at some humor, but this time I must have crossed the line and he bit back... and bit back hard.

I will try to briefly set the scene...

In Australia, when you turn 50, the government arrange for you to have a free Bowel Screening. They send you a kit and you have to provide them with a "sample". In times past, my brother used to joke asking if I had received my "kit", implying thta I was aging...

So on Thursday I received my free kit. So I texted him and told him I had received his "present". Of course he had no idea what I was on about, and has no sense of humor in regard to me and my/our situation.

Here is his reply, with my reply back [which I must say was not my initial reaction!]

:

Dear Geevee,

I would like to ask that you now stop contacting me. When you left the truth, you left me and my family also. When I think that you personally have taken the truth away from three other people that I love and still do, I get upset still today. I always loved the fight that Mrs geevee would make to stay in the truth, but when you stopped supporting her, you really let her down. I think that it is time you moved on. I would love nothing more than to consider you my brother, however, without Jehovah, this cannot be. If you ever come back into the truth then we can talk.

Hi Teevee,

I am sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you like I have. I was trying to share something I thought was funny. You know that I understand your position only too well. It is not the first time you have expressed it. I will try not to contact you ever again, but even the watch tower allows for family emergency. So you will only hear from me if it is very extreme. I wish you and your family all the best for now and that future. Please know that we all have never been more happy.

Your brother,

Geevee

So, as you can see, I got to him a bit. By the same token I was very annoyed myself, to say the least. But, I did stir him, and he bit, and bit hard this time. I have included a link to my previous banter with him. He is still the same. This time pulling out what he thinks is a big card. My wife left the borg when she was 19, only to return a few years later in crisis and they all think that she came back because she want ed to, but at the time she felt that she needed her families support, so she went back. In a way I am happy she did, we wouldn't have met otherwise, but that was the only benefit.

Now we are all out. My two sons as well and are living life. Thanks for listening. I have now deleted everything out of my phone and made a public record .

They say they are not in a cult.

• Ding
    Ding

It's sad when the WTS destroys family ties just because someone no longer trusts a bunch of men in Brooklyn to run their lives.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I'm sorry you are experiencing this situation with your brother.

• geevee
    geevee

Thanks for the support. I guess it would be nice if he were able to actually ask me about where we are at and why and be able to listen and hear the reasons without prejudice..... that is not the real world though, is it?

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry about your brother but tickled pink about your kids not being in! (you too of course)

• LV101
    LV101

SAD INDEED --- it happens in families not involved w/the watchtower, believe me. just an evil game despots play. conquer/divide for power to make individuals do what they want.

consider yourself blessed and let God give you a real brother --- easier said than done, but REALITY is the pathway to peace even though a tough pathway to travel.

LV101

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Wow, that is shocking. Sorry to hear you received a text like that, as even when you know it is the cult speaking, it still hurts.

• geevee
    geevee

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support. This forum is always great for that. I know that I don't come in as often as I used to.

It is frustrating that after 5 1/2 years, that he can't just ease up a bit in his sanctimonium. What I find equally frustrating is that his wife's sister is disfellowshipped, and they do have some contact with her. Talk about double standards. I also know that he had to hide that fact that he was a JW and his wife even forged a wedding certificate so that it said nothing about being married in a K Hall for some legal stuff that would have went against them if it was known they were JW's. Lying by omission is still lying when it is done on purpose.

bye for now, take care.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i really hate the way families are affected, but what amazes me is how the org thinks nothing of tearing people at the door away from their families. they get you coming in and going out.

My only wish for you is that one day your brother comes to his senses and sees the wtbs for what it is.

keep strong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit