Oh No!!! A Witness saw me buying a Christmas tree

by will_the_apostate 25 Replies latest jw friends

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

Doing the Black Friday shopping with the family and we were picking up one of those nice prelit fake trees and standing right next to me was a local brother who I had grown up with staring at me. I just smiled my biggest Apostate smile and walked away... I wonder if the elders will call on me soon.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

<- Was it this smile ? Felt good didn't it ?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Me, being in a menopausal mode, would've given them the "what the f*** is your problem look, plus being a "Native New Yawka" I'm sure their eyes would've focused elsewhere.

Which is what I say everyone on this board needs to do when they sound like a 2 year old when they say "I saw an elder today" or "the elders are coming to visit" . . . get an f***ing backbone for Christ sake ! ! !

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

ShirleyW, not everyone can tell off people they've known and were friends with for years. If a person has been taught for their whole life that something is wrong of course they are going to be worried if an elder sees them.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

FifthofNovember

If a person has been taught for their whole life that something is wrong of course they are going to be worried if an elder sees them.

I was raised in the truth from infancy so your above statement applies to me, I couldn't give a rats ass about those misguided a**holes, and I still maintain that some people on this site need to grow a backbone ! ! !

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Next time just tell him "Merry Christmas!" You gave him a big smile and went on about your business, which is also a perfectly good way to deal with it.

Soon a JW I know is going to see my pic on the JW FB sites, trashing the dubs, and talking about being an atheist. What are you going to do? You gotta live your life!

Enjoy the holiday!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

and I still maintain that some people on this site need to grow a backbone ! ! !

Amen sister! It annoys me when someone who's been on the board for years then posts, "please give me info on xxxxxxx" - purleeze, you've been on the net for ages, do your own bloody homework!

Same goes for "oooh, an elder called me" - umm, isn't that what voice mail is for? Either let it go to voice mail if you don't want to talk to them. Otherwise, just tell them you're busy/sick/tired and can't talk, and politely say goodbye. That's what I did, and eventually they got the hint.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Well, that had to feel uncomfortable. What are you going to do?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Broken Promises

Seems like we're on the same page however, i guess you can tell by two previous posts, I don't need voicemail to cover for me, when the elders found out I gave my permission to give my mother blood after I was appointed "legal guardian" by the state no less, and the elder had the nerve to call me, let's just say I was quite surprised when a year later he and his wife showed up at her funeral with happy faces and spoke to me in the appropriate manner, if you could've heard the phone convo between the two of us with me cursing the hell out of him and the organization, you would've thought he would've deleted me and my phone number promptly!

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

I am not the least bit worried that the elders are going to come over. I have already had a letter prepared by a lawyer to tell them not to harass me and that they are not welcome on my property. I just loved it that some one i knew for twenty years couldn't say anything and could just stare at me like I was murdering kittens, when all I was doing was buying a tree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit