Why do Jehovah's Witnesses Feel Like They Have To Label You?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Ok here's a little story on my background I was baptized in 2003, and I was a model witness for 2003-2006. Then I had sex and was at first put private reprove (2006) and I made a another boo-boo in 2007 ( public reprove ) . I was then given a bad name and thats when I started to get ''troubled'' label and a bad name around the circuit. I labeled as "party boy" and ''sex hound'' ( which I was lol. but hey I was 20-22). I then thought if I got married then that would solve my problems ; I met a ''nice girl'' then after three months of dating I got engaged to her . The first three months were great and wonderful, but my pass began to catch up with with me again . The people in her congregation began to tell her rumors about me and soon she began to question my past and demanding to know every little detail ( that will bite me in the behind later), one brother (then an Elder at the time) in particular began to get into my then fiancee's head . When ever we'd make a decision she would go to her best friends house ( the Elder was her dad ) and then all of a sudden she change her mind !

Later on when we started to get into trouble ( we did some ''messing around", but not sex ) , we had to push up the wedding date ( that's was another issue I had with my ex and her family ) and every time we make a decision ; this elder would jump in ( I thought Elder's wasn't supposed to give advice on ''matters of the heart" ) and she will change her mind.

To make a long story short we broke up( because of this Elder and among other things ) and my ex started to tell lies and since I'm disfellowshiped I can't clear my name.

Anyway why do they give people labels ?

• flipper
    flipper

PITCHESS CO-GEN- I'm so sorry you were treated this way. They make and put labels on people to control you. And also to control other witnesses from having anything to do with you. It's unfair- but that is how all mind control cults work. If I were you I'd find a good non-witness young lady to fall in love with- a woman who uses her OWN mind- NOT the WT society's mind. Less hassle in my opinion. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there guy

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

''PITCHESS CO-GEN- I'm so sorry you were treated this way. They make and put labels on people to control you. And also to control other witnesses from having anything to do with you. It's unfair- but that is how all mind control cults work. If I were you I'd find a good non-witness young lady to fall in love with- a woman who uses her OWN mind- NOT the WT society's mind. Less hassle in my opinion. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there guy. Peace out, Mr. Flipper''

Hey Flip I married another ex-witness.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

''PITCHESS CO-GEN- I'm so sorry you were treated this way. They make and put labels on people to control you. And also to control other witnesses from having anything to do with you. It's unfair- but that is how all mind control cults work. If I were you I'd find a good non-witness young lady to fall in love with- a woman who uses her OWN mind- NOT the WT society's mind. Less hassle in my opinion. Just my 2 cents. Hang in there guy. Peace out, Mr. Flipper''

Hey Flip I married another ex-witness.

• flipper
    flipper

PITCHESS- WEll, that might work- as long as she STAYS an ex-witness. If she goes back- you're screwed. Just my take

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Awake June22,2000 pg.6 "Some people insult those who disagree with them...Name calling slaps a negitive easy to remember label onto a person..If people reject the person on the basis of the label instead of weighing the evidence for themselfs, the name caller's straegy has worked." Now you know why the WTS labels.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Anyway why do they give people labels ?

It's a thought-stopping process. By slapping a label on you, they don't have to do the hard work of actually analyzing your behavior or arguments. They can simply dismiss you as having no value. The most prominent label that people on this board are familiar with is "apostate." If they can decide you are an apostate, they don't have to listen to anything you say and thay don't have to wrestle with the arguments or facts that you bring to their attention. They are completely justified in simply putting their heads into the sand and not listening at all. So the fact that their religious belief has holes in it you could fly the Starship Enterprise through never needs to come to their attention, and they can go about their lives convinced of their ultimate rightness and moral superiority.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

It's because they have nothing better to do with their time. They can only succeed if you let them. I could give a rat's ass what they think. Never have and never will. I know that I'm a "Bitch", so now what? I was never the follow the leader type so my world was most important to me. I don't know why people let these "lablelers" steal their joy.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If she goes back- you're screwed.

Amen, Flipper! When a lapsed (DF'd, DA'd) member relapses, they often are the most zealous of Witneses. They will want to drag you back with them, and if you resist or refuse you'll quickly find out loyalty to the WT is more important than you are. That's my take and my experience.

• Roski
    Roski

It is a way of justifying the judgments they make.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit