Can I be df'd even if I never meet with the elders?

by ele_lux 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you are doing something and refuse to meet with the hounders, they assume you wish to continue and label it "unrepentant". If you are not doing something and refuse to meet with the hounders, they assume you are hiding your "conduct" and will also label it "unrepentant". And all it takes is one person to snitch on you (except child molesters, which require two to snitch). One person thinking it was you buying a Christmas tree or seeing you getting something that looked like Christmas ornaments or other banned items has a "duty" to report it to the hounders. If they do not, they are viewed as being in on the "offense". At which point, the hounders will have an investigation.

At this point, if you refuse to participate in such investigation, they will label it as "brazen conduct". They will also assume you did whatever was responsible for the hearing, plus refusing to cooperate with the investigation. Even if you didn't do the original "offense", you did the "obstruction of the investigation", and will be disfellowshipped for that.

• LoriJis
    LoriJis

Thats what happened to my husband and I....they decided to DF us because supposedly we werent responding to them. They called it a JC and we were DF'd in absence. I only found out through a family member this was going to happen. So we decided to DA ourselves before they could DF us. Crazy though....and the funny thing was that nobody really tried contacting either one of us....

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

wow... it's crazy that they can do that. so i better keep low until i'm ready to da.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Moving out of town would be a good solution for you to consider then they would not be able to find you. Just be sure to have unlisted phone number and address.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit