What are you thankful for ?

by koolaid-man 10 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

My wife wanted to make a post but forgot her pass word. This is her post......Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I want everyone to know all the things I am grateful for on this Thanksgiving Day. I am grateful for the fact that Rick and I have been married for over 43 years. We have been blessed with five beautiful children and nine grandchildren. Even though two of our children don't have anything to do with us after we left the Watchtower and became real Christians. I am thankful for the love we have for each other for all these years. You see, back in 1988 I suffered a massive brain hemorrhage and was left half blind in both eyes. So the first year I partook of the emblems as a born again Christian was in 1988. My presiding overseer was not happy. He suggested I was mentally ill. I said to him Richard, I am not mentally ill, I had a brain hemorrhage and am half blind in both eyes, but I see clearer than ever spiritually. God has blessed us greatly with a house church where we actually have some active Witnesses as well as former Witnesses and real Christians who meet in our home every other Sunday. My husband, "kooaid -man" gives a sermon and then we meet for fellowship and have refreshments afterward. The Research Lady

• badseed
    badseed

Thankful to live on such a beautiful and diversified planet. Life is truly a gift.

• LGoldstein
    LGoldstein

My Family, even though we are spread all over the place this year.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thankful that your improving Inez. Thanks that Rick sets up a conference call

Thankful that my daughter Sue is getting better. Thankful I have food in the fridge,
    a bed to sleep on a car to drive & a walker that helps me walk. When I need it.

• moshe
    moshe

That 3 JWs didn't do me in in field service today- they missed their chance to take out the infamous Moshe.

Seriously, I have wonderful wife and a sweet daughter we adopted from Russia. My home is my refuge- Jewish wives really go all out to make their home the best and she is a great cook. They also do a great job making reservations- dinner reservations, that is.-old Jewish joke-

• chickpea
    chickpea

three years ago i found this site
    and stopped agonizing over my
    seeming lack of faith IN A CULT!!!!!

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I am thankful for the love of my life, my wife.

Yiz

• wobble
    wobble

I am thankful for my lovely wife, we celebrate our fortieth next month ! and for my two really great sons, I am proud of what they have both achieved since they walked away from the WT many years ago, long before my wife and I woke up. I am proud too, of the kind of people they are, so different from what they may have been if they remained as Dubs.

I am so very very thankful for all the great people of JWD/JWN ,some no longer post here, some had stopped posting when I joined,their threads were still here to be read, and to learn from, but all helped me to get to where I am today, I thank you all.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Inez and Rick -- I love your picture -- you guys are a great couple!

I am thankful for everyone who has stepped forward to voice their experiences with the WTS and JWs so that the rest of us know we are not alone. Rick and Inez -- your videos helped to educate me on the vastness of the destruction that is caused by the WTS.

I am thankful for my job, my health, my family and friends, my home and the country I live in where diversity and different cultures are embraced.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Family and Freedom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit