3. Phantom of the opera 2004

4. Sweeney Todd - the Johnny Depp version

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Here is my list of must haves:

• glenster
  • heathen
    heathen

I suggest getting a netflix account where you can surf thousands of movies .

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Swept Away-Giancarlo Giannini original

The Ox Bow Incident

The Band's Visit

and an enthusiastic agreement to The Return of Martin Guerre

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Three O'Clock High, w/ Casey Siemaszko and Jeffrey Tambor

LOL. An obscure classic IMO.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Some really great older comedies:

• It Happened One Night -- Claudette Colbert and Clark Gabel, directed by Frank Capra...this is pretty much the original screwball rom-com
    • The Court Jester -- Danny Kaye...legendary musical comedy, inspired many comedians and actors, tons of allusions to it in modern comedies
    • It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World -- truly epic treasure hunt adventure comedy that, like The Court Jester, is frequently referenced on film and TV
    • Modern Times and The Great Dictator -- Charlie Chaplin at his best, and the visuals (especially in the former) are incredible for the time

Some great foreign films:

• To Live -- absolutely beautiful Chinese film that follows a family through the various stages of Chinese history since the '40s
    • The Last Emperor -- another gorgeous Chinese film that should resonate with anyone who knows what it feels like to be trapped in life
    • Cinema Paradiso -- touching Italian film that celebrates, among other things, a love of film!
    • Elevator to the Gallows -- stunning French film noir that launched Louis Malle's career
  • warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

how about a christmas carol with the great british actor alistar simms (surley the best scrooge ever).

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Hi oldlightnewshite,

Sorry this is off topic but I've just got to say I love you're new avatar & your username is priceless!!! hahaha

3Mozzies

• flipper
    flipper

Some of my favs - 1. The Green Mile

2. Falling Down ( I agree - great movie ! )

3. Nell ( with Jodie Foster ) cool movie

4. Borat

5. Wedding Crashers

6. Deliverance

7. Jaws

8. The Edge

9. Monty Python's Life of Brian

10. American Beauty

Just SOME of my alltime favorites ! Lots more out there ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit