While Screaming Bible Passages, 'Ugly Betty' Actor Kills Mother With Samurai Sword

by leavingwt 21 Replies latest social current

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

While Screaming Bible Passages, 'Ugly Betty' Actor Kills Mother With Samurai Sword

Police say an "Ugly Betty" actor held his mother hostage and then murdered her with a samurai sword while screaming Bible passages Tuesday in Brooklyn.

Neighbors identified the suspect as Haitian-American actor Michael L. Brea, who has had roles on the TV series "Ugly Betty" and movie "Step-Up 3-D." He was also the face of a campaign for the energy drink Coca-Cola: Full Throttle, according to Haiti Internet movie database website BelFim.com. Neighbors on the first and third floors of 501 Park Place in Prospect Heights heard screams coming from the apartment on the second floor at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. "I hear the brother chasing her [his mother] through the house and he's just saying a bunch of like [Bible] passages like, 'Repent, Repent, Repent,'" said neighbor Gregory Clare. "I heard him chasing her through the house and I hear a loud scream and so I have my father call the cops, call 911." When responding officers arrived, they encountered the mentally disturbed 31-year-old Brea. He was very combative toward the first responders, who had to taser the man in order to subdue him. Brea was transported to Kings County Hospital with a police guard assigned to him. Officers described the crime scene as "extremely bloody" where the victim was discovered and immediately pronounced dead. She was identified as 55-year-old Yannick Brea. Sources close to the investigation told PIX 11 News that Brea used a samurai sword to attack his mother, whose body was found badly hacked, decapitated and stabbed multiple times in another room.

. . .

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-samurai-sword-son-mother,0,490069.story

• Libelle
    Libelle

The jacked up things people do on account of religion. May the poor woman rest in peace.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Soooooo... is this some kind of weak, limp wristed attempt at blaming this on religion... or the Bible... or God?
    Why not just chalk it up to mental illness and leave it at that? Pathetic...

V665V665

• undercover
    undercover
    Soooooo... is this some kind of weak, limp wristed attempt at blaming this on religion... or the Bible... or God?
    Why not just chalk it up to mental illness and leave it at that? Pathetic...

It's a quote from the news story... not an editorial on the state of religion.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    It's a quote from the news story... not an editorial on the state of religion.

LWT has a history of passive/agressively blaming anything and everything on religion. I just find his motives in posting this article somewhat suspect...

V665V665

• undercover
    undercover

Well, this is a forum for people who have been caused pain and anquish by a religion.

If he had been quoting Shakespeare I guess he could have posted it on The Bard.com or sumthin...

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I wonder what bible passages

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I wonder what bible passages

I'm guessing they were unrelated to violence. Most of the believers that I know are non-violent and pleasant folks. From the sound of the report, the man was mentally disturbed. Very sad story.

EDIT: The man in the video said that he was screaming, "Repent! Repent! Repent!".

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

While I am unsure one could blame it exclusively on religion - could anyone with a lick of sense deny religious influence? Certainly not a 'limp wrist' effort to show that - the story is what it is..... and the man was obviously mentally ill. The two do not seem mutually exclusive in this case, do they?

Jeff

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Poor career move, unless he's hoping for a part in "SAW VII".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit