is there more women involved with the jw's than men

by not a jw 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• not a jw
    not a jw

i keep seeing hints thrown around on this site that tends to say that they are more women involved in the jw's than men .is this true?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

This is true with religion in general.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Like Leaving WT said...

That always puzzled me, especially after I realized that the bible was written by primitive, Middle-Eastern men...

What woman born free - and in her RIGHT MIND, would want to follow the edicts of a bunch of Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern men????

But, it happens over and over and over again... Shows the effects of being born into a certain cultural environment on a person's belief system[s]...

I was also puzzled by the general scarcity of men in the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society...

One would think that most men would WANT to be members of a religion that makes THEM absolute rulers over women AND the center of the universe...

Zid [ ducks and runs!!!! ]

• pirata
    pirata

w91 7/1 p 16: "statistics show that "the women telling the good news are a large army," making up the major part of the army of Witnesses that Jehovah is using in this time of the end".

In the congregations I have been there are always a good 2-4x more single sisters than single brothers in a given congregation. I've met ONE brother in my life with an unbelieving mate and dozens of sisters with unbelieving mates.

• Heaven
    Heaven

What woman born free - and in her RIGHT MIND, would want to follow the edicts of a bunch of Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern men????

zid, you and I are totally on the same wavelength here!

The whole subjugation of women thing hit me full force when I was a teenager reading the red "Your Youth" book and another article in a JW publication (can't remember which one) saying a wife has to subject herself to her husband. It was then that I started questionning the Bible as well as religion.

• blondie
    blondie

Pew survey--jws 60% women, 40% men; similar with Mormons, black Baptist churches

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes more women are fooled than men
    Leavingwatchtower I disagree with you
    When I started visiting all the different religions
    I was amazed at the amount of men attending .
    especially in the Baptist Church.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Mouthy: How about this? The women are doing most of the 'heavy lifting' within churches.

I'm a descendent of a long line of men who do not attend church. "Evidently" the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I don't attend church either LT anywhere there is MEN telling me what to do I avoid.

• jam
    jam

I HAVE TOUGHT THE SAME REGARDING WOMEN, BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN

NOT FIGURE OUT WHY MY GREAT GREAT GREATPARENTS EMBRACE THE RELIGION

OF THIS COUNTRY (US). Speaking as A black man, why would any one want to

part of A religion that teach, God,s law state that you A black man will be A

slave for your Brother, you good for nothing slave. What A con job. You

may be part of our religion but you are A cursed people. I might be

mistaking but the Catholic was one of the few religions that did not

teach this. And if more Blacks was aware of JW,s past teaching on

blacks , changing color in order to enter heaven, what the hell.

But at least blacks have moved up in the Bible, you women have

remain as second class in God,s view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit