Is it wrong for Christians to flirt?

by asilentone 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pirata
    pirata

Flirt if you want a relationship. If you don't, then don't.

• LanDi
    LanDi

The YPA book has quite a section on this - it is highly advised that a man and woman should not even be friends, under the section ' DO platonic relationship [ or is it friendships ] really work ?nNow I remember offending a young JW many years ago 'cause I twice mentioned ( a slip ) 'talking to giurls' - he told us about his mate who all he could do was talk about going out with this girl soo " he walked away from him.". Think about that statement - God made us to meet and fall in love and surely the only date people in the faith against Gods will - he created man and woman to notice each other - to connect on an emotional , chemical and spiritual plane. If you're not looking I have always asked - what ARE you looking at ? It's what we were created to do !

Now theirs is the height of arrogance to assume that everyone is going to fall in love with anyone who shows them a little attention. But we're all human - the slightest thing and you can fall under someones spell for all eternity - what is that ? A piece of advice - if you steal this persons heart - they will be bound to you so - like alcohol love ( and flirting ) can have a bite like a rattlesnake.

It's hard work being human eh ?

• mamalove
    mamalove

What does being a Christian have to do with flirting? I think it is part of human nature. If you are looking of course...and I think you are, right?

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I don't think that married people should flirt. If you wouldn't do something in front of your spouse, then don't do it behind their back. As far as single people go..Have fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit