Is poking at facebook considered flirting?

by asilentone 18 Replies latest social relationships

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It would explain why no one ever pokes me. Most of my FB "friends" are family.

Personally, I always thought poking someone on FB was just a way of asking for attention when one really has nothing to say.

W

• undercover
    undercover

I have a couple of friends on FB that are girls that I'd like to poke but my wife would not approve, I'm sure...

• laverite
    laverite

I very accidentally poked someone I didn't know yesterday. First time that ever happened. I don't even poke the people I know! I was horrified for about three seconds before I promptly forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me. Oh well. Just glad it wasn't my ex that I poked! God, imagine the horror.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Dunno. None of the guys I know exchange pokes with me, but women do. Do the math.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I'm with Kurt on this one, but might add that flirt may be the wrong word. To me, it's more like a virtual wave, nod or "sup?"

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

It depends on the poker and the pokee. ;)

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

What happens when you hit the poke button? I always wondered.

Snoozy

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I get poked regularly by one guy. I poke back though.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

haha your funny undercover! lol

asilentone... I would say it depends, I would say if it's the oppisite sex and you guys are attracted to each other or maybe they think you are cute yes... if it's an old friend that is being silly or is afraid to say hi no... My best friend who is a JW and I'm not, pokes me because she can't talk to me but she wants to let me know she still thinks of me. :) Miss her.

Anyways I would say no but it can be. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit