Let's have a baby shower!!!

by Julie 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Julie
    Julie

As most of you know one of our long time posters, "Mommy"/Wendy, is expecting a baby in the very near future. As some of you may not know (and I hope she doesn't plot my murder for discussing it) Wendy is going through some real tough times. She could use a few things for the baby considering getting by with two other children is difficult enough!

Anyway, apparently she has had enough inquiries and has finally broken down and Registered somewhere where anyone who wants to can purchase something she needs and send it off to her and the new bundle of joy.

Here is the link that will take you right to the page where her baby wish list begins:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/registry/3A0SW0ZM3OR7O/ref=br_s_/qid=1012010008/sr=1-2/104-0955677-5694342

I also thought this the perfect opportunity for many of those Right to Life folks to defy allegations that they don't really care about the baby once the child is out of the womb, so long as abortion wasn't chosen as it offends their religious beliefs. Here is the golden opportunity you have been looking for to help support a mom who had plenty of excuses to abort but chose life instead, in spite of added (sometimes overwhelming) difficulties (and who could use a hand right about now too).

Thank you all in advance for any and all generosity you show this lady who has been quite kind hearted and uncomplaining in her situation.

Warm regards,
    Julie, who's been there and knows how hard it can be....

P.S. Anyone who is interested in pitching in for a larger item please let me know and we can start a pool for that...all ideas welcome....not to mention the highly valued plain ol' fashioned good wishes if that's what you can afford right now.....

• Seeker
    Seeker

Julie,

A very kind thought, and one I will follow up on. Are you sure, though, that she won't mind her personal information being posted here? Just checking.

• Scully
    Scully

Julie,

What a great idea!! It would be so much fun to get together with everyone and do this kind of thing in person!! But this is good too!

Love, Scully
    of the Off to Amazon.com class

• WindRider
    WindRider

Julie, what a lovely idea! Every little bit helps when you are having a baby. Wendy, congratulations on your upcoming new addition.....Mar.06th is when my youngest was born. We'll be thinking about you.

Windrider

• mommy
    mommy

Jules,
    You are such a sweetie. I am not plotting your murder, but I do feel kind of naked now Many are not aware of the situation I have been in as I am not one that divulges that info. But a short run down is that I have been on bedrest and unable to work since early October. Since I moved to NY a few months earlier I did not have a job for long enough to collect unemployment. So I have been winging it on savings, but they are now depleted. And to top it all off I was evicted the week after Christmas. Things are much better now we are settled in a nice 3 bedroom apartment with a few nice extras

I have not bought anything for the baby so far, and the "wish list" I have made is basically just the bare essentials. I shared this info with Julie, as she and Tina expressed a desire to make this public. I really hate to accept anything for myself, just not my nature, but I do need some things that I feel will help with taking care of the baby. The only problem I have is the prices on some of these things. I would not mind hand me downs reruns, etc. If anyone has anything they may think will be useful, please let me know and I can give you more personal info. I am defintely a five and dimer, with two other children I have to be

I am having a planned C-section due to the difficulties I have had this pregnancy and the doctor is expecting to do it the first week in March. But you know how babies are and he basically told me last visit that I need to be very careful because I am at risk for preterm labor. So still on bedrest Fortunaltey the kids are home with me now, I am homeschooling them, so my days are filled with activity, thus I have not been here much.

Thank you so much Julie, Seeker(I miss ya) and Scully I owe you an email! I am embarrassed as sin now.
    love,
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Wendy--*whew*,--glad you are not too angry for my posting this stuff. I know about this pride thing you have but of course we cannot afford such luxuries sometimes as moms.

Seeker, you had a point about the stuff posted on the web for all to see but I could think of no other way for someone to directly help, either silently or with fanfare, and to get just what is needed too. It is a tough situation to need stuff for a baby, a baby that makes you unable to work and get the stuff yourself. Fortunately Wendy has forgiven me my indiscretion.

To all who responded or will be responding a BIG THANK YOU. Also, the private responses via e-mail are extremely encouraging--You know who you are!!!

Yes, Wendy, I think you will be pretty set when your little addition arrives, lots of folks here care a great deal about you and yours.

Warm regards to all,
    Julie

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Thank you for posting this Julie; I can't wait to go "shopping"!

Wendy,

You have my admiration, respect, compassion and support in anything I can do. How you are holding up with such dignity and positive determination is amazing and wonderful. I hope you know you are dearly loved.

laura

• Mulan
    Mulan

Count me in!! I just looked at the list. Is it a boy, Wendy?

This is such a great idea!!

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• waiting
    waiting

Count me in too!

I am defintely a five and dimer, with two other children I have to be - wendy
    Ain't we all! I have 3, lived on oatmeal & tuna casserole for about 3 months of first pregnancy. Thank goodness I like oatmeal. Never ate tuna casserole again.

I'm going to contact Wendy privately - as there's a closeout store across the street from us......(cough)......which translates into "I *know* it well."

Our First Cyber Shower! WoooooHoooooo!

waiting

• mommy
    mommy

Thank you all sooo much! I am actually getting excited now I mean I was excited before, but now I can do it without needless worrying. I am so lucky to have stumbled across this site. I have met alot of great and wonderful people, who have shown what it means to be loving and who can show acts of kindness and have no alterior motive. Wait, are you guys love bombing me here? Nah I have been here to long for that...lol

Thank you again
    wendy (Walking, with a skip in her step today.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit