All info outside WT controlled by Satan: looking for articles

by InterestedOne 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Could someone refer me to some WT articles explaining that all non-WT information sources are controlled by Satan? I've read that they think this, and it fits with their us & them mentality, but I would like to see it in writing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You might not find many that say all

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The 15 Feb 2011 WT is putting the fear of Satan up them.

You can download it from their official website.

http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_E_20110215.pdf

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It must the 'Satan's Gonna Getcha Year this year. All WTs for next year are nearly as bad.

The latest are available here. http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGZNT

It is good to use current rags when talking to them, as they can't claim 'old light', or 'didn't know'.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Thanks for those current articles. I read over the Jan & Feb 2011 from jw.org. It looks mostly like the typical vices from Satan that Christians are supposed to avoid - with a WT twist of course. I was more looking for statements from the WT supporting the mentality that you should only read their reference material such as Insight on the Scriptures, etc. rather than using secular or "worldly" sources. The JW's I'm talking to seem to only do "research" using Insight on the Scriptures or Reasoning From the Scriptures and just tell me whatever those books say about Bible topics. I'm wondering if this is the result of a specific directive from the Society to avoid scholarly material outside of WT books, or if they just naturally gravitate toward their own material.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I remember something in a KM discouraging witnesses from doing research in non-witness reference books.

Does anyone rember this? I don't remember what issue it was in.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I don't think you'll find an article that states that, except in reference to apostate literature.

The JW's I'm talking to seem to only do "research" using Insight on the Scriptures or Reasoning From the Scriptures and just tell me whatever those books say about Bible topics.

That comes from thinking that the whole world is in the power of Satan, the wicked one, the great deceiver. So they only fully trust what comes from the Organization since they believe it's God's channel of communication.

• Listener
    Listener

You might find an article written in the Kingdom Ministry 2007 9/07 'Question Box' interesting

? Does“thefaithfulanddiscreetslave”endorseindependentgroupsofWitnesseswhomeettogethertoengageinScripturalresearchordebate?—Matt.24:45, 47.

No, it does not. And yet, in various parts of the world, a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects. Some have pursued an independent group study of Biblical Hebrew and Greek so as to analyze the accuracy of the NewWorldTranslation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible. They have created Web sites and chat rooms for the purpose of exchanging and debating their views. They have also held conferences and produced publications to present their findings and to supplement what is provided at our Christian meetings and through our literature.

Throughout the earth, Jehovah’s people are receiving ample spiritual instruction and encouragement at congregation meetings, assemblies, and conventions, as well as through the publications of Jehovah’s organization. Under the guidance of his holy spirit and on the basis of his Word of truth, Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God’s people may be “fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought” and remain “stabilized in the faith.” (1 Cor. 1:10; Col. 2:6, 7) Surely we are grateful for Jehovah’s spiritual provisions in these last days. Thus, “the faithful and discreet slave” does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight.—Matt. 24:45-47.

It is commendable for individuals to want to use their thinking ability in support of the good news. However, no personal pursuit should detract from what Jesus Christ is accomplishing through his congregation on earth today. In the first century, the apostle Paul warned about getting involved in exhausting, time-consuming subjects, such as “genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith.” (1 Tim. 1:3-7) All Christians should strive to “shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile.”—Titus 3:9.

For those who wish to do extra Bible study and research, we recommend that they explore InsightontheScriptures,“AllScriptureIsInspiredofGodandBeneficial,” and our other publications, such as those that discuss the prophecies found in the Bible books of Daniel, Isaiah, and Revelation. These provide abundant material for Bible study and meditation, whereby we can be “filled with the accurate knowledge of [God’s] will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, in order to walk worthily of Jehovah to the end of fully pleasing him as [we] go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God.”—Col. 1:9, 10.

• dozy
    dozy

w88 9/1 p.16par.13 Stand Firm Against Satan’s Machinations

We live in a world in which lies, deceit, and violent anger are commonplace. Satan makes full use of the media to put across this degraded mentality.

w08 11/15 p.30 The Devil is in control of this world. Hence, he controls its media.

w95 12/15 p.29People inclined toward righteousness are drawn to a clean organization. By contrast, Satan’s organization is unclean. His religious system is pictured as a harlot, and those outside the holy city are described as dirty, unclean.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Because you wife hasn't been 'in' for long she won't have much of a library for you to use, so talk her into getting the next WT library CD. Then you can show her articles, like that KM, from a source she trusts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit