what flipflops caused you to think?

by cheerios 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Some of them flip flops have been really fishy...

V665V665

• LotusFlower1
    LotusFlower1

I was shocked to learn that the jw's became a part of the United Nations, and when I asked a jw about this, they told me that:

not only did the jw's never speak badly of the UN, but that Bethelites take a tour of it as part of their training

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I joined here in 2006, but, I started lurking in 2005.

Why?

Because one morning in 2005 I woke up, literally, and realized the generation change meant all my earlier sacrifices, namely, my life for the truth, were going to get me where I was going to in the first place................the grave.

JDW

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Alternative service - I read the WT article, early 1998, about "Feelings of having suffered needlessly" and it justified the brothers who had suffered imprisonment for not going into the military rather than accepting alternative service. I remember mentioning to Clyde that I'd have been ticked if I had to go to prison and later find out that it wasn't really necessary. That year I started reading the WT more critically and gave more attention to what was said in the talks at the KH.

When I finally began investigating on the Internet, my belief system started toppling like dominoes.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I was about 15 to 16 (over 30 years ago) there was a change in the thinking about Evolution. I remember my Mom being vehemently opposed to Evolution all my life and then one day during my teen years saying "Weeeellll... there may be something to Evolution."

I was like, speak to the hand lady!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit