Almost two years of freedom

by squaredzombie 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• squaredzombie
    squaredzombie

Hello, this is my first post. I was a Jehovah's witness for 14 years in a couple of hispanic congregations. (Spanish is my native language). My wife and my daughter also got baptised. When my two sons were close to be considered adults they decided not to become JW. Although we received some suggestions to kick them out , my wife and I agreed not to follow these " advices". Around 2006 some doubts began to fill my mind: the new light about blood, the birthdays, the faithful and discreet slave doctrine and more. I had heard about 1975 and I wondered why the Society didn't say anything about that. Eventually, I realized that the Watchtower was not the the "truth". I decided to dissasociate myself but I didn't know what to do about my family because I knew I could lose them. Next time, I will tell what happened. (Please excuse my grammar mistakes, spelling, wrong use of commas,etc.)

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Your English is fine.

Please tell us the rest of your story.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I wish I could communicate in Spanish a tenth as well as you do in English. Bienvenido.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Your English is great, no worries.

Welcome!

-Sab

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

Welcome! Welcome!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Welcome to the forum and welcome to freedom. It's a wonderful thing!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, good for you. I'm glad you stood by your kids.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome, welcome. Good for you to not kick your sons out. Looking forward to reading more.

• poppers
    poppers

Although we received some suggestions to kick them out , my wife and I agreed not to follow these " advices".

Good for you, you let common decency and common sense trump "advice" from the self-declared "God's representative."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit