Cancer survivor forced to show prosthetic breast to TSA agents during pat-down

by Yizuman 15 Replies latest social current

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    Opt Out Day Soundtrack

Put this on your iPod or boombox on Opt Out Day! Guaranteed laughs. Courtesy Steve Peters

• Scully
    Scully

My next call would have been to a lawyer, not the newspaper.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

I have already notified the president of Disney Co. that we will not be making our yearly trip to WDW. I figured the travel industry might have more government influence than writing to my representatives.

Awesome move, donuthole. There's a major convention (5,000+ attendees) I attend every year and actually volunteer at, and I've already told the organizers that I will not be attending because I refuse to fly for it. I'm hoping that either the organizers or the convention center will spread the word that people are backing out, and maybe then they'll put some pressure on their representatives to do something about this. Absolute craziness.

And this story made me tear up. We've lost our minds in this country.

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

Very sad to read but, what do you expect? Anything better?

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I wondered after reading many stories about the scannings, what about the pilots and flight attendants? Do they have to go through screening everytime they go to work and at each terminal if they leave the for the night or day?

They always go to a hotel after a long flight and rest or go out to see the town. When they go back to work do they have to gert scanned again?

Wouldn't that be dangerous?

Are they exempt, I doubt it.

Snoozy

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

The TSA agreed today to exempt uniformed pilots who present two forms of photo ID and are scheduled for flights. The pilots' union argued that there was no point in screening them because they can already take the planes into the ground if they want to, so doing additional searches of them would be pointless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit