How Eco-Friendly is the Watchtower?

by donuthole 15 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I was told that the recycled paper would rip if put on the high speed presses.

• booby
    booby

The only info I have is that when at bethel in Toronto many moons ago for elder training I worked in the bindery area that did the trimming of the magazines. This created a great deal of clean trimmings which were baled and sent out for recycling.

The sad fact is that every roll of newsprint used is wasting precious resources.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about the waste of gas to distribute the littera-trash? Besides the waste of virgin trees on this paper, toxic ink, and the waste of resources to print it, there is the waste of resources to distribute it. Every day in field circus, you burn through a tank of gas--that is a waste of 10 or more gallons of gas. All to place maybe 3 or 4 sets of rags, which are probably going to end up in the garbage. Some householders will recycle the rags, which means the householders care more about the environment than the witlesses do.

Also, when is the last time you saw a Kingdumb Hell with recycling? I never did. They go to get fast, good-tasting poison every single day, and the wrappers will end up in the landfill. I have seen cardboard, glass bottles, and aluminum cans tossed in the regular garbage. And that was after recycling became mandatory in the community--the ones that made it to my home (that I myself consumed) got taken out with the recycling. The pio-sneers invariably put their recyclables in with the regular garbage at the Kingdumb Hell, where it ends up in the landfills and wastes the resources.

The climate controls of Kingdumb Hells is also wasteful. Most of the thermostats will not heat or cool the Kingdumb Hells properly. I have seen Kingdumb Hells heated to 76 o in winter, and cooled to 65 o in summer. The air conditioning is not the most efficient, and they do not maintain it (rendering it even more wasteful). I bet the furnace never has its filter changed or the boiler optimized, whichever is the case with the Kingdumb Hells. And the dingbats adjusting the thermostats do not have common sense. I once saw them put the heat up to about 98 o on a relatively mild evening (it was about 55 o at the time), only to have to blast the air conditioner to cool the damn place down. All they would have had to do is kill the damn heat, because they didn't need it--and put the air conditioner on standby in case opening things (like doors) didn't work.

At least worldly companies produce value for the pollution they create. The Washtowel Slaveholdery doesn't.

• booby
    booby

I think that some are being mean and vindictive. I know that they are not as bad as they are being made out to be. For example I know for a fact that the wine that is not used at the memorial is not wasted. it is taken home by the elder that is in charge of that responsibility and it is recycled.

• booby
    booby

Or, that might just be cycled, my bad.

• betterdaze

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit