Jesus name vs Jehovah's name

by lostsheep82 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wiser
    wiser

Just call him Father.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Actually, Jehovah is NOT the Father. Jehovah is the SON.

When Man transgressed, the Father could no longer communicate with Man, as he had sinned. Thus, Jehovah became Man's advocate with Eloah, the Father (also known as Elohim). Because of this, you see that both Jehovah and Jesus are the First and the Last. Jehovah will come to judge the nations, yet John wrote: "For the Father judgeth no man, but has committed ALL judgment to the Son." When Jehovah appeared to Moses, it was the premortal Jesus. When he appeared to Abraham, he was the great "I AM." And speaking of Armageddon, he said the Jews would see the wounds in his hands and say, "What are these wounds....?" He said at one point, "And they shall look upon ME whom THEY have pierced." Why would Jehovah say that if Jesus was the one who was pierced?

When Jehovah presents the glorified Earth back to the Father, only then will his work have been completed. The Father may testify of his Son, but no other revelation comes from the Father. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the book of Revelation. In situations where the Father seems to speak, it is the Son using what's called the Divine Investiture of Authority. Just as the angels spoke for Christ in Revelation (leading John to fall on his knees twice, only to be helped up by angels reminding him they were but his "fellow servants" and "of the prophets"). Yet they were speaking for Jesus.

Yahweh is Jesus, the Son of the Everlasting Father. Reading the Bible with this in mind will answer many questions.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Jesus name vs Jehovah's name

Come the New Covenant (New Testament) there is only one name which is of importance.

See compare the Old and New Testaments regarding the very same subject.

Isaiah 45:22-24 (American Standard Version)

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.

23 By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

24 Only in Jehovah, it is said of me, is righteousness and strength; even to him shall men come; and all they that were incensed against him shall be put to shame.

Philippians 2:9-11 (New International Version)

9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
    11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus is THE only name by which we are saved.

Acts 4:11-12 (New International Version)

11 Jesus is

“‘the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the cornerstone.’

12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

Romans 10:9-10 (New International Version)

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Jesus is THE name to preach.

Luke 24:46-48 (New International Version)

46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things.

Acts 9:27 (New International Version)

27 But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. He told them how Saul on his journey had seen the Lord and that the Lord had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had preached fearlessly in the name of Jesus.

Jesus is THE name which heals.

Acts 3:16 (New International Version)

16 By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him that has completely healed him, as you can all see.

Acts 4:10 (New International Version)

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.

Jesus is THE name which delivers.

Mark 16:17 (New International Version)

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

Luke 9:49 (New International Version)

49 “Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.”

Jesus is THE name for the forgiveness of sins.

Acts 2:38 (New International Version)

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 10:43 (New International Version)

43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

Blessings in THE NAME,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

But the name Jesus is Spanish.....

Say how come Acts has Peter telling saved people they must be saved or the rest of huamnity to be saved that was already saved by the Noachian Laws.

Saved from what, I guess is the next logical question, but you know where that one goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit