Inconsistant loss of 'privileges'

by Lore 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Lore
    Lore

Gotta love how giving talks, mowing the lawn, plowing the parking lot, adjusting microphones and counting the money are all considered 'privileges'.

But if you just stop answering questions. BAM no more giving talks, handling mics, or definately counting money.

But no matter WHAT you do. You will NEVER loose the 'privilege' of mowing the kingdom hall lawn.

• sir82
    sir82

Nor the "privilege" of donating money.

• blondie
    blondie

Or the privilege of cleaning the toilets.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Why does loss of privelages not include no field service? It includes commenting/platform...but not service

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Why does loss of privelages not include no field service? It includes commenting/platform...but not service

LOL, exactly. Even when it comes to sin in the congregation, and one gets reproved, they still are expected to go out in service. The only exception is if what they were involved in becomes public knowledge. I know of a case where a brother was an alcoholic and caught a DUI. He got reproved, and lost the privilege of the pioneer label. However when the elders inq about him being able to go out in field service, the CO asked whether or not his arrest made the local news, which it did not. So the CO stated yes they can continue in field service. I've seen underage youth who were under reproof, and they were able to go out in service, but had to sit in the car because whatever their offenses were became public knowledge. Typically it was related to trouble at a public school.

It's all so crazy and inconsistant as the threadstarter mentioned. To me it just proves this organization is a publishing company thats too big for its britches and has run amok for too long.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Blondie beat me to the "toilets" thought.

As far as the door-to-door recruiting goes, here in the United States they have to be careful. It is your right that has been fought for (by JW's and others) to recruit. The organization doesn't want to violate your rights. They can say you don't represent them and ask members not to go out with you (as in the case of DF'ing) but they cannot remove your "privilege of service" if it is really a legally established right.

Even that- people don't understand their rights and who knows what elders will say or bother to check with the lawyers about?

• carla
    carla

Do men or women get the high honor of handling the sacred toilet brush?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Don't feel bad. My wife, who was on the worship team at the church we used to attend, was removed for a period of time from the worship team by the imperial pastor and his wife for missing too much church. She had just got a position that required her to work Sundays for about six months. So the weird and wacky is not left only to the J Trouble-Yous.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, field circus is a great big waste of time. They want everyone wasting all their time, so that is the most basic "privilege(??)". Everyone is expected to do it, even if they have been reproved or newly reinstated, because otherwise they might actually have time for themselves. Attending boasting sessions is another time waster, and hence everyone is required to do that.

I never viewed things like these as "privileges". It is a duty to go out in field circus, and something cannot be a duty (mandatory) and a privilege at the same time. With a privilege, anyone not doing it would not be hounded to. The same goes for other assignments--if it's a privilege, you would be able to opt out of it without being hounded to death. The same goes for passing the mics, giving talks, and running the departments you are assigned to. If you are given those assignments and hounded to accept them, they are not privileges. And neither is donating to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit