I feel so sad and disgusted….

by deep-blue-sea 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

After the Swiss TV program on Jehovah’s witnesses,

http://www.tsr.ch/emissions/temps-present/2482487-grandir-avec-jehovah.html

where my children and husband (all dissociated or disassociated) were characters, a forum followed the program on which everybody could give his comments.

Lots of people, recognized the enormous strength and boldness to witness openly on their life and beliefs. (Our town is not so large).

But many others, mostly JW or friends of them, have been so insulting, mocking, slanderer and vilify, specially our children. A way of talking I’ve never supposed a JW could use. Fortunately the forum was closed, but the harm has been done.

I’ve never been like this people! I could never imagine such hate and gossip. Though, the content of the program was quite mild and even impersonal, no explicit attack to the org.

What kind of people JW are, behind a screen? Champions of hypocrisy before a door, laughing hyena behind a screen!

They were all brothers and sisters for me…I realize, I, only I and my family have been real brothers and sisters to them….

What a whole life waste of energy, time…

Regards, Claudia

• fokyc
    fokyc

A way of talking I’ve never supposed a JW could use.

I have had a very similar experience. 6 years ago my wife a long standing Sister in a congregation had a disagreement with an Elder; I proved the Elder was wrong. But we have been shunned ever since!

Their whole persona changed in a trice and ever since we are treated like s**t!

They are NOT the people they make out or pretend to be.

• Ding
    Ding

Just remember that the organization must be protected at all times.

The organization is always right.

Even if the organization is wrong, it is right because Jehovah wants you to obey the organization at all times.

It's his job to straighten out the organization, not yours.

As long as you understand this, everything will go well for you.

Instead of being seen as spineless, you will be praised for your theocratic humility and submissiveness.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

I had similar experiences too. We moved to a cong we used to visit on summer vacations. We were gossiped about, slandered, and shunned by most of the cong, even elders; all our problems were instigated by an MS and elder's son. My dad claims our experiences in that cong where unusual. From what I've seen and read, they were pretty common. The great cong that we moved to afterwards was unusual, lol! I wish I could send him all these stories so he could see for himself. Jesus said his followers would have love among themselves, agape love, completely self-less love, willing to die for each other. I've never seen that kind of love in a cong of JW's. I have seen a complete lack of love and conditional love. Maybe it was there, I just missed it.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I have also seen the willingness, nay, eagerness to slander among Jehovah's Witnesses. It is vile. The organization programs evil and hatred into its members.

• carla
    carla

The organization programs evil and hatred into its members.--- Sad but true.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

From being surrounded by bros and sis as friends ...when I exposed an elder and an MS for misconduct ...I lost the majority of them...they drifted away from me having had it whispered in their ears by other elders protecting the wrongdoing that I was being 'negative'....yea right...

Loz x

• baltar447
    baltar447

Is there a version of this video with subtitles?

• deep-blue-sea
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

As an outsider, I have no idea what is being discussed here. I know that those of you who have left the church may have negative feelings, but what is this video saying (for those of us who don't speak French)? People leave all religions for various reasons, and they sometimes become heated in their views. The JWs are a society that in many ways is closed to the rest of the world. So what is being discussed behind the scenes? I don't know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit