Jw explanation on Nephilim Gen;6:4 And Numbers 13:33

by jam 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

A few months ago Two JW women caught me unexpectedly, so they talk about the

usual JW none sense. The nite before I was reading and researching the Nephilim.

More proof to disclaim the flood. After they finish thier presentation I ask them

to read Gen.6:4 and explain, well the older sister perk up, you could tell she was

the pioneer, the one teaching the less experince one. Sir, the Nephilim the offspring

of falling angels and etc. So after she finish I ask her what happen to the Nephilims.

They were kill doing the flood. So I ask her to turn to Numbers13:33...

Her apprentice comment, that can,t be right.The older sister, Sir may I come back

and give you the answer. Two weeks later they came back, and for the life of

me I can,t remerber what is the JW veiw on those two scriptures. The poor sister

was so happy to have A return visit she ask me can she return with her CO.

Never happen, they found out I was A apotate.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

A return visit she ask me can she return with her CO.

Its been along time since I was out in the field. We never had commanding officers.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Have you ever considered that "falling" is not a bad thing?

I think the angels falling has been confused with the idea of "fallen man".

Perhaps to fall, simply means they came. And to "fall" would indicate that they came from a higher realm. The word fall may not have any negative implication whatsoever.

The angels fell, or came to the earth, because some disturbance happened...and they seeded this planet in order to be hopeful for the continuity of species.

There is a theory that the earth itself is actually "the ark" of Noah. That plant and animal species were brought here from other planets and galaxies in order to save them from this galactic threat, whatever it was, that has been symbollically described as a flood. The flood may not have occured on this planet. This planet was the refuge; what could be salvaged was brought here.

It is man who has actually "fallen" in the negatve sense of the word. We were given dominion over the planet--to cultivate and tame it. And we have failed in our responsibilities. We have done little but engage in war and fight over possessions that we should all be sharing with one another. We have given our personal authority to allow others to take control of all the natural resources and dole them out haphazardly. We have treated natural resources like they are endless, and yet some are not renewable. We have done little more than destroy the planet we were given as a gift.

The Nephilim found a way to seed our human being creation. Hu, being the god particle within the man being. They gave us their last hope.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This is what they say:

*** it-1 p. 929 Giant ***

The faithless spies reported to the Israelites that in Canaan they “saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, who are from the Nephilim; so that we became in our own eyes like grasshoppers, and the same way we became in their eyes.” (Nu 13:33) These men of extraordinary size, called the sons of Anak (probably meaning “Long-Necked [that is, of tall stature]”), were not actually Nephilim, as reported, but were only unusually tall men, for the Nephilim, the offspring of angels and women (Ge 6:4), perished in the Flood.

This is an unsatisfactory response, as the existence of Nephilim after the Flood is anticipated by Genesis 6:4: "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown". This awkward gloss is motivated by the reference to the Nephilim in Numbers 13 and establishes that the spies' report, whether false or not, references an actual (i.e. within the story world) post-Flood existence of the Nephilim. Such a gloss became necessary when the Flood narrative was added to J.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

See the WTS deploying FUD tactics to leave the sheep confused.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

On reflection, the WT quote reads almost like something Palaephatus would write.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

That is a major glossover to a very legitimate contradiction in the Bible. Usually they make some attempt to come up with an explanation of sorts. This offers none whatsoever.

• Think About It
    Think About It

FUD tactics

• jam
    jam

Thanks Leolaia for that info. I agree with you folks, A major glossover.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

cameo-d, I've never heard of that rendition of Noah's Ark. That sounds pretty far-fetched. Then again, a lot of things stemming from the bible are far-fetched so I'm not surprised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit