Newbies or folks who have Been Here the last 2 years - How is your Fade Going?

by flipper 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Hey there Mr. Flipper tell Mrs. Flipper I said hi! I wanted to get with you and say I'm doing good. I know I haven't been on here for a little while, was working and going to school and trying to get back to the meetings (mostly for family and some for dignity that yeah I can do it)... but that again changed after learning I was pregnant soo... Now, I quit school (again), my season job ended, and well I dread going back because I wanted to be reinstated and faded BEFORE getting pregnant... things didn't plan out the way I expected. But no harm done. I am enjoying being a stay at home wife soon to be mom in March... and getting the house perfectly clean, organized, and projects I wanted to get to, done... I can read more and figure out my next step.

Fading ended and planning for a new life begans! :) Hope you guys are doing good too! Thanks for the comment on my other post I made couple months ago! I read it yesterday and felt more confidant with my decisions so thanks. :)

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

My fading is going well because "I" shun them. I only stay in contact with one person from my hall. I am finally at the point of not giving a damn about what anyone of them think.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

You know when you're getting a haircut and you tell the stylist to fade the back and the sides? Have you ever had one mess up the fade, so it just didn't look right? As a guy, when that happened to me, I just told the stylist to buzz the whole head right then and there - forget the fade.

That's pretty much how it went with my WT org fade. It started out ok, then before I knew it, I felt like I was sitting in the barber chair waiting and waiting for that perfect blend and fade-out. Finally I said, forget it - just buzz it all off, i.e. stopped almost completely. Of course it helped that I switched congos, prior to starting my fade/buzz.

To Flipper: You have PM

• nugget
    nugget

In the last year have stopped attending meetings, managed to get field service moved to a new venue, stopped my Bible study and have thrown all the literature in the bin.

The children are now fully integrated into school routine attend assemblies, school productions with a religious themes and holiday related activities. My son and daughter have been to several birthday parties and joined out of school clubs.

We have contacted several friends who were Df'd and had a few round for meals and companionship. We spend more time doing family stuff and less time being miserable together sitting in a hall.

We have educated ourselves on the true history of the society and have been open minded about determining what we believe. I am doing a university course on psychology and rethinking my life direction now I have more options. The biggest laugh is that I am clerk to the governors at 2 schools so I am clerk to the governing body. I laugh so hard every time I see that.

Celebrated Birthdays,Valentines, mothers day, fathers day, halloween (I made costumes), firework night and am gearing up for Christmas. Did not do the memorial, circuit assemblies, district assemblies or COs visit.

We are still called by friends from the hall and the elders are anxious to meet with us so we are anticipating an interesting 12 months ahead. That's my take on the last 12 months although Cantleave may feel differently.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Nugget that is awesome, man.

Good for you and your family!

-Sab

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

It's going great actually. Thanks for asking.

Now that I have 3D1H on my side I am even better.

I just need to figure out this holidays thing and find some patience for my father who feels like he has to get baptized before armaggedon.

I am actually trying to find the nerve to tell the people who deliver my mags, that I don't want them anymore. That will be a major step for me.

tt

• flipper
    flipper

JOSHINAZ- Wow ! What an experience ! I'm glad your sisters followed your steps out of the org ! But it sounds like your JW mom is REALLY cult mind controlled by fear still. She actually LOCKED HERSELF in her bedroom and read the Bible to get away from you ? Incredible. I never cease to be amazed at HOW MUCH fear the WT society instills in these people. I'm glad you and your dad hit it off well though. Don't get too starteld by your mom's threat of not seeing you again. It's just her unrealistic fear talking - your dad will probably influence her to see you again. Hang in there buddy.

FADINFAST- Not going to the Memorial, no, DEFINTELY not . Haven't been in 7 years.

BUTTERFLYLEIA- Nice hearing from you ! I'm glad you and your hubby are doing good ! And I bet you are so excited in expecting your new baby soon ! I'm so glad & relieved to hear that you are happy & content in your situation. Life does go on and like John Lennon said " Life is what happens to us while we're busy making other plans ". In time things work out as they should if we just let it come to us. My wife sends her love and say Hi ! to your hubby ! We are doing well and staying healthy & happy ! Hope to talk again sometime. Give us a call anytime !

SLIPNSLIDE- When you get to the point that you don't give a damn what witnesses think- you know you've come a long way in your fade in a positive way ! Good for you.

JUST N FROM BETHEL- Sometimes it's easier to just rip the bandaid off quickly and do a " cold turkey " type fade instead of dragging it out forever for sure. I'm glad you have stopped attending. It's tough at first- but in time you feel better and more free thinking in your mind. Good for you ! Keep the good work up. Been working a lot the last 2 days- will answer your PM later tonight. Thanks.

NUGGET- That is so fantastic your children & you & Cantleave are doing well ! Good for you. Your children experiencing a " normal " childhood will be a great gift you can give your children for their adulthood. And re-connecting with DFed friends is great also. These are people who will be symapthetic to your family's plight- because they have LIVED it, the shunning, the rejection, the injustices, so it's good you are befreiending them. Good luck on your continued fade.

TWINKLE TOES- I'm so glad to hear you are good friends to 3DOGS 1HUSBAND - very cool. It's important to gain NEW friends when we leave the former JW " friends ". Many times our new friends are more supportive & caring towards us than JW friends were. Stay patient with your father- if he's older perhaps the WT society puts unrealistic fear into him - give him time. Hang in there- your courage will get stronger with time

• flipper
    flipper

WAnted to bump this up for any newbies or others who want to respond

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to put this out there if any wanted to share how their fade is going or exiting of the witnesses. Hope to hear from you ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit