Are Golden Age Complete Sets available for 1925-1931?

by pirata 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pirata
    pirata

wtarchives has the Golden Age for 1919-1924. Research Applications has 1932-1937. Does anyone know if complete sets are available for 1925-1931?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

No, not in online media. The only complete sets for those years can be found in microform format, as they were microfilmed in 1957 by the New York Public Library. The library has the master negative, but the current rolls available only cover 1926-1937 (the first roll has gone missing, maybe stolen?). Outside of NYC, the following libraries have copies of the master negative:

University of Iowa Library, Vol. 1-19 (1919-1937)

Library of Congress, Vol. 1-19 (1919-1937)

It also appears to be that the Harry Houdini collection at the LOC has a complete set of actual issues.

• pirata
    pirata

Thanks Leolaia.

The Library of Congress has an option to scan microfilm to tiff CD-ROM. But at $1.00 per exposure it would probably be prohibitively expensive.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

One possibility is to see if you could get a duplicate microfilm copy and have it scanned separately. I have gotten microfilm dupes of other things from university libraries and archives at reasonable prices.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

http://www.towerwatch.com/bookstore/cdrom/goldenage3.htm

has sets of complete years of both the watchtower and the golden age for some years, even some decades, but I can't see if they still have volumes one and two of the golden age. Has anyone purchased from them before?

• pirata
    pirata

Hi GrandmaJones, The product you referenced has very high quality scans. They have not made volume 1 and 2 :( You can purchase them directly from the producer here http://www.researchapplications.org for a lot cheaper.

• pirata
    pirata

Leolaia, thanks for the tip. That is definitely an option worth pursuing if the prices are reasonable enough.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have also been to the LOC and they allow you to photograph items (without flash), so that is an option if are interested in specific articles or issues and use a digicam to photograph the hard copies that are there. But of course that involves a trip to DC.

I wonder if ResearchApplications has plans in making Vol. 1 or 2. If so, that could save you a lot of hassle, time, and money.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I can't get on the research applications link. Some problem? Do I have the spelling wrong?

• yknot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit