You know PETA and their supporters are insane when...

by VampireDCLXV 12 Replies latest social current

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

You know what's the latest thing PETA is complaining about? How some GOLDFISH are being treated! Fucking Gold Fish! Read here:

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2010/11/12/peta-to-g-20-spare-the-goldfish/

By In-Soo Nam

AFP/Getty Images
    The G-20 venue’s use of goldfish to monitor water safety has sparked controversy.

Following news that water at the site of the G-20 meeting is being monitored for impurities by a team of goldfish, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has called for a rethink.

In a letter to the management of the COEX venue, Tracy Reiman, PETA Executive Vice President, expressed alarm at possible harm that may be done to the fish.

“Subjecting goldfish to contaminated water would serve little purpose besides causing them to suffer horribly,” she writes. “After all, the fish cannot tell you specifically what might be wrong with the water.”

Ms. Reiman adds: “Sophisticated non-animal analytical methods…can more reliably detect and isolate the cause of any potential water problems.”

In response, a member of the COEX water treatment team responded angrily, saying that the goldfish are simply showcasing that the water is safe.

“I don’t think we’re abusing goldfish for this. We’re pouring treated, recycled water into the fish tank after scientific tests that show the water is safe,” said the official. “We’re confident the goldfish won’t die. So we’ll continue with the plan.”

Where are these idiots gonna draw the line? Are they one day going to complain about how protozoa are being treated? OMG!

So, what other reasons make you think that PETA is like a loony bin being run by its inmates?

V665V665

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Oh I dunno, the Catholic Church worries about every sperm doesn't it?

PETA asks Ben & Jerry's to use human breast milk in ice cream

09:37 AM CDT on Thursday, September 25, 2008

Associated Press

MONTPELIER, Vt. -- Ice cream made from breast milk?

That's what the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animalswants Ben & Jerry'sHomemade Ice Cream to consider making.

The Virginia-based nonprofit group sent a letter to company co-founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield on Tuesday asking them to use human breast milk instead of cow's milk in their products.

PETA says the health of consumers and cows would benefit from the switch.

Ben & Jerry's spokesman Rob Michalak said the company applauds PETA's creative approach to bring attention to an issue, but believes that a mother's milk is best used by a child.

• watson
    watson

I can see the cartoon now...rows upon rows of nursing mothers..flavors, etc.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Crack flavored mother's milk.

• watson
    watson

Cleanliness will be important. Happy volunteer here.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

WOW! That one IS insane, Berengaria...

V665V665

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm beginning to think some people have a radical extremist gene!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Are they one day going to complian about how protozoa are being treated?

Just think of how many poor germs are being murdered every time you brush your teeth. Personal hygeine should be banned!

W

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I had a friend that had a tank of goldfish and I loved the fact that they watched TV when we watched it. They would be hooked watching the basketball game.

But year, PETA consists of a bunch of retard jackasses. I don't wear fur coats, or even faux fur, but I'm tempted to wear something like that where I know a bunch of PETA people will be. I would love one of them to be stupid enough to throw paint or something at me, so I could rip him to pieces. His azz kicking would be legendary by the time I'd get done.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Not much I won't try. We had three kids and they were breastfed. I was curious, wife said go for it. Thin consistency, vaguely buttermilky flavour, not all that pleasant. She said whatever she ate impacted the constituency of her milk, so she had to be careful for the baby's sake. I suggested she scarf down some pepperoni pizza and a few beers, then I'd try it again. She declined.

I like goldfish, though. They are especially good deep fried with a little tartar sauce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit