Rape in the Bible. Condoned or not?

by whereami 56 Replies latest jw friends

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

SweetBaby, I just love your last sentence.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The laws in the OT didn't condone rape. They institutionalized it.

Leo hit the button on the head, whenever you create a Law, as the Hebrew scribes, priests and leaders did, unless that Law outright BANS soemthing making it illegal, that "thing" ( in this case Rape ie: forceful sexual intercourse without consent) becomes part of the "institution" that is society.

God would have know this of course and that is why God siad as a commandment to NOT COVET ( desire, want, Take, etc) ANYTHING of thier neighbour.

Man decided in his infiniti wisdom that, since rape happens ( like a bad or inconvinent marriage as an example of the Law of Divorce being made for man), then make the "best of it".

As Jesus said when confronted about Divorce, "MOSES, gave you this Law, BUT I say..."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Then I suspect that someday the writing of the Bible will be completed by an atheist.

Wouldn't that be a hoot ?? LOL !

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yup, your made up invisible sky daddy is one sick fuck!

• whereami
    whereami

"The Bible is a story of progressive revelation "

"man's improving understanding of him"

I wonder where I've heard that before, hmmm.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBaby, I just love your last sentence.

Why thank you, Sphere! I was working on Atheocratic Ministry School Counsel Point #32 - If Logic Fails to Convince Them, Be Facetious.

• Violia
    Violia

Rape is an act of violence and anger and power over another person. Why would the young virgin girl then want to marry this piece of sh*te who did this to her? Rape must have had more of just sex without consent in jewish days b/c who would marry a rapist? I realize rape involves sex , but it is not really sex, it is power . Rape includes those men who brutualzie women in unspeakable ways while raping her. There seems to be some disconnect between what rape really is and how the Bible views it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit