What is the meaning of true spirituality?

by ele_lux 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

I was trying to figure out the answer to this question when i came across my notes of a talk by the DO in the 09 circuit convention. He said the world defined "spirituality" however it would suit them; according to their own religion. He gave example definitions of spirituality (being in touch with nature, spiritism, going to Church and reading the Bible, etc.) And then he revealed to the audience what spiritualy REALLY is: "Having Jehovah's point of view on matters and acting accordingly" (Rom. 8:5).

I remeber thinking "I really gotta memorize that". I only think of memorizing things when they are not logical enough in my head, so I just have to keep them as word-by-word truths for future reference.

But now I think Jehovah's Witnesses' definition is also whatever suited them. So what does "spirituality" really mean?

• Satanus
    Satanus

"what does "spirituality" really mean?"

Having to do w spirit. The wt doesn't believe that humans have or are part spirit. Therefore, imo, it is impossible for them to understand anything to do w spiritual. The only way that they can see spiritual is in an ATTITUDE or the type of THINKING a person does.

However, if one accepts or is willing to persue the idea that we have/are spirit at the core, that opens the door to spiritual practice. Some people can't or don't want to get into this. That's ok. My thoughts

S

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

It makes you feel good.

• Satanus
    Satanus

In other words, it's something that we already have, only it's hidden or covered other things.

S

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Well people wouldn't do if it made them feel bad.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Satanus....

• ele_lux
    ele_lux

Satanus- what do you mean by "spiritual practice"?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Meditation is a good, safe beginning. There are many kinds of meditation. Also, there is a good book w some other exercises - 'basic psychic development'. See http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Psychic-Development-Chakra-Clairvoyance/dp/book-citations/1578630231

S

• Ding
    Ding

A genuine, heartfelt interaction with God

• Satanus
    Satanus

My idea is, "god" is "spirit", we are 'spirit'. Therefore, if we alter our mind state toward 'spirit', we activate our connection w 'god'. I use quote marks around those words, because they really can't be defined, imo. It's not a praying to god, or anything else. Once the connection is realised, there are no words.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit