What does your XMas tree look like, or you would like to look?

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That sounds really pretty too lady Lee. My past trees have been "Country" style, large, and have used raffia, carved miniature Black Forest Bears and other animals, miniature stuffed teddy bears, antique ornaments, pine cones, dried sunflower flowers, bird's nests, empty thread spools decorated and wrapped with antique fabrics such as ginghams and plaids, LOTS of hand tied bows as well as other handmade and nature found items. I also had decorative doggie biscuits hanging as well as my personal indulgence of Hershey's chocolate mint candy canes. I always use frosted white lights for the tree, and have them on a dimmer so that the lights don't overpower the decorations and light levels can be changed to evoke several different moods.

I'm not doing the tree this year in memory of losing my little girl, Chelsea, as my fondest memories were doing the tree for her, and her staying up with me while I decorated it, and her getting up periodically and sniffing around to see if her presents were under the tree yet. I'm just not ready. If emotions allow, I will post a picture of her last tree as well as her opening her gifts by herself. X-mas really meant a lot, even if mainly doing it for my faithful unconditionally loving Dog.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

oh ocb That breaks my heart for you. Please post a picture when you can.

now sbc that is quite the tree. I see bears and dogs and Fiona, a monkey, dolls, a snowman, a Teletubby, a clown, a Santa. . .

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a life-size cat stuffed animal that doesn't look retarded? I have been looking for one for years and here you have this huge stuffed animal tree and still no cat.

Not fair. Just not fair. [walks away mubling to myself]

• blondie
  • blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit