• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    have you tried dipping the end in a good liquor
    It helps encourage the wife.

Are we still talking about cigars?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Are we still talking about cigars?

We were. Fortunately, I don't need to dip the end.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Used to smoke cigars. Cubans, mostly. Sometimes Hondurans. I started off smoking cigarettes, though, so that meant when I graduated to cigars I inhaled them. After a short while I learned to suppress the cough reflex and the taste was so good I inhaled them down to the tips of my toes. Seeing the writing on the wall I quit cold turkey. Three years later was offered one and said sure what the heck. It was amazing. Couple of months after that said to myself, "I can obviously enjoy a good cigar once in awhile with just a little willpower" and had another one. Month after that had another. Two weeks after that another. The interval got shorter and shorter until I was back to smoking two or three a day. Sucked on them little devils til I needed a roach clip to keep from burning my fingers. Had to quit again. This time for good. Can't look back. Stories like yours just make me jealous. Quit it.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I tried, I thought I could make it work, it seemed so easy, but alas, in my project to turn a used $3 cigar box into a functional humidor I failed miserably.

I worked for a guy who raised over 6 million dollars to start his own company - 2 years later all the money was spent and he had to lay off everybody and declare bankruptcy. (And this guy is no idiot - he spent the money on the business - not on bullshit.)

He's already talking about his next company/project.

So.. I wouldn't worry too much about the cigar box.

- Lime

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Nickolas, that sucks dude. I can't even imagine inhaling them and I used to smoke cigarettes to. The One single time I tried it felt like I got kicked in the chest.

Hint of Lime, I wasted $10 and then went and bought a $40 humidor that after a day is working great. I'll survive the death and failure of this one project :)

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I can't even imagine inhaling them and I used to smoke cigarettes to. The One single time I tried it felt like I got kicked in the chest.

depends on whether you're smoking a mild, medium or high octane Cuban, as well as the format. The thin, mild ones (like a sweet, sweet Cohiba panatela) almost beg to be inhaled, although they get a little rough past the midway point.

Damn, I've got to stop thinking about this.

edit. Actually, I'm remembering the panatela to be a strong Cohiba. Small but deceptively rich.

Now, I've got to stop.

edit edit. It's been 26 years, so memory is faded (addiction, however, is not). Cohibas aren't Cuban. Ever tried a Guantanamera?

Stopping now, promise

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Oh, I like corona sized maduros and oscuros, the more robust and dark cigars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit