Jan Awake, stating JW's are only true religion

by lostsheep82 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

I wonder, if I could write something where I said, "I am special and unique and right and the only person trusted by God because.......I say I am." I wonder if I could get 7m people to give me some money too.....

PP

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Where can I send the check Paulapollos?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I haven't managed to find the quote in The Encyclopedia of Religion, but the author of that article, David L. Weddle, also wrote this article on JWs for Introduction to New and Alternative Religions in America.

The Encyclopedia of Religion is deceptively quoted in the Trinity brochure. I doubt that there has been any change in the integrity of their journalism since then.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Mr Freeze,

only you have responded, because only you have the right heart condition! I have much to share with you.....all you need to do is make the cheque out to C.ongregation of L.atterday A.nnointed P.eople of T.rue R.ighteous A.nnointed P.aulapollosians', and I will show you more sacred secrets....just remember MrFreeze, if anyone tries to convince you otherwise, ask yourself - do they have your best interests at heart like me?? I haven't even started showing you the truth......

"remember, we don't tell it all (just as Jesus didn't) because some it (sic) is still a sacred secret..that must be held in complete confidence , by the Cheiftain of the Temple, who eats Bread in the Very Presence of God". (www.yorww.com)

Looks like "God" is going to provide for me, I think I need to start looking for my new villa out in LA....to welcome all the holy men of old back of course, ahem....

PP

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Though to be fair, I've also found another Encyclopedia of Religion, http://www.gale.cengage.com/pdf/facts/EncyReligion.pdf, a 15-volume tome, that the Awake may be quoting. Among all the encyclopedias that include JWs, they've finally found one that says what they want. If it does.

• Lily Pie
    Lily Pie

Just read Jan Awake.... for interest you know....

It's like reading Richard Dawkins (BTW I have no problem with athiests, just the *religious contemptuous athiest*). He too ires on about the ugliness of "religion"... All the while inspiring bigotry, divisiveness, intolerance, and most importantly - "contempt".

This is preaching to the choir at its best!!!!

The Watchtower publishes uninspiring crusades *against* the world. It makes them look ugly, and very very small minded. Good luck handing this out to householders.... It is nothing to be gleeful about. They should be ashamed.

Lily Pie

• Mary
    Mary

Someone did a post on this the other day as well. Witlesses have been tooting their own horn for decades, claiming that they and only they are 'true Christians'. Below is the chart that's in the Asleep magazine along with a um, more accurate one:

• Spade
    Spade

Most people descend into disbelief because their prayers go unanswered. I doubted that my prayers were answered at all. What do JWs say about this or do they also think of God in strictly terms of an intellectual exercise as nobody talks about that here? The religion being true doesn't necessarily mean I'd be a part of it as I need nothing from God atm. Everything about the religion seems real personal to people here although here, all the information they publish is simply treated as an intellectual exercise.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Paulopolis...

If you'll include wild orgies, pot, free-flowing alcohol and tons of sugary sweets as part of your dogma [think Halloween, only year-round...], I'll send you a check, too!!!

'Course, I don't know if it'll cash...

So, am I "special" now, too???

Zid

• booby
    booby

Mary, Mary, quite contrary. But dead on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit