Does anyone on here...

by sooner7nc 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

...like handmade knives? Do any of you make knives or anything similar?

These are a few I've made over the past month.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Nice work

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Thank you.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Maybe you could tell us more about how the style of the knife relates to its use and whether some of the "decoration" has a function as well...like the notches, etc.

I have always wondered why so many different styles and blade widths and lengths and which knifes are for what kind of jobs.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That is really nice! I wish I mastered a craft like that.

BTS

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Impressive work, Sooner! Is the leatherwork on the sheathes also yours?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I'm a long way from mastering it. Trust me, I've hid quite a few screw-ups with some creative photography.

The one on top is small game style hunting knife (Bird and Trout style). The blade's made out of an old Nicholson file (W-2 tool steel). I bent the tang on the file to use as a gut hook. The handle's mesquite wood with copper pins.

The second one is a 1095 steel fighter/hunter flat ground. It's about 8" overall and has Jatoba handles. The filework on this one was done to hide a slip with the side-grinder when I was roughing out some steel in the garage.

The last one is made out 1095 steel with mesquite scales and steel pins. I actually used nails for the steel pins. The filework is just ornamental and needs to be straighter and have better spacing. I call this one "Pig Sticker"

I also made the sheaths. The Ol' Lady calls me grandma when I'm stitching them up. What a broad.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

www.aescustomknives.com

Check this site out if you want to see some cool knives. Now if I could only learn to make blades like this guy. Also, I wouldn't mind having his hair. Check it out and you'll know why.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm not a guy nor am I Sarah Palin so I don' t understand the fascination with knifes, although I will say I liked to knife sheath in pic no.2.

• Cook My Socks UK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit