cllick on the link and watch the video

by therevealer 7 Replies latest jw friends

• therevealer
    therevealer

http://www.jwbrothers.org/videos/1963/

why is the following imiage on the wall. It shows up at about 5 minutes in.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

hsitory of noooo light?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is unusual that they would show that image in a modern JW video. They normally want to hide that part of their history.

"nothing to say!! this is so beautiful!,, thanks"

Someone made the above comment. JW's are so nuts. The video is of a printing factory and a few old books, there is not much "beautiful" about it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

HOW dare they...... Tell their followers not to want worldly things ..
    .They live in luxery from stealing from those who are under their mind control

They break up families, tell young folks they are evil to masturbate,( many killed them sellves)
    Many became blind when they obeyed did not have a cornea transplant.
    They cover over those who sexually abuse. EVIL!!!!! EVIL!!!! EVIL is the Watchtower
    At Brooklyn Bethel.......Crooks in the Highest Form

Mouthy/ Funnyface, But to the WT I am UNDESERVED KINDNESS > Grace GOUGH!!!!!!!

• booby
    booby

jwfacts - there is a tunnel though. They love tunnels.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

why is the following imiage on the wall. It shows up at about 5 minutes in

For those wanting an actual answer to this question, that image was the symbol on the cover of the Watchtower for many many years. It is also on Russell's gravestone, IIRC. It wasn't until J.F. Rutherford's campaign to anti-Christianize the Bible Students movement (complete with a new non-Christian name: Jehovah's Witnesses) that the cross became a "pagan" symbol. Prior to that time (1940s maybe? Someone will have an exact date, I'm sure.) the cross was perfectly fine. Christmas. Birthdays. Pretty much all normal stuff was acceptable to the pre-Rutherford Bible Students group.

• booby
    booby

Yes Mad Sweeney and thank you for the details. But I also was wondering why they wouldn't get rid of it now.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Very odd that they would show that old pagan logo. Undercover apostate?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit