click on the link for a few pics - Jackson must be eatin pretty good

by booby 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I'm glad the young man did get his wish. If he's happy, then we all should be happy with him...regardless of the religion.

• booby
    booby

Sam Whiskey. While I agree with your sentiments do you really think he would choose bethel if not brainwashed to do so? What were the choices? A trip to bethel or a trip to disneyland. You chose young man, but remember no influence from others allowed.

• carla
    carla

What?!! a jw child using this charity which is funded by donations from us evil worldly people? a charity? Suppose the wt would ever think of giving back to this charity? not likely. How would the elders react to someone taking the time to volunteer for Make A Wish or donate to it instead of the wt?

• agonus
    agonus

Well, I suppose now the WT will be making/encouraging healthy donations to the Make-a-Wish foundation from here on out, right? I mean, so long as it's for kids whose dream is to go to Bethel, anyways (that's gonna be a real short list, so talk about chump change)...

• agonus
    agonus

"You are killing me by letting them put blood in me"

A more appropriate picture/caption combination I cannot imagine.

• nelly136
    nelly136

hats off to make a wish foundation for providing the means

http://www.wish.org/ helping children with life threatening conditions.

sounds like the little fella needed a bit of enriching.

David seemed a little apprehensive at first, we later found out that he was not doing well in the truth, he has not been attending all the meetings and is suffering from depression but the grandmother, Dolores was hoping that this visit would help him.
    Dolores mentioned that he biological mother had agreed for little David to receive a blood transfusion and this was done. He asked his mother "Why are you doing this to me" she respond that she wanted to keep him alive he said "you are killing me by letting them put blood in me". He has given a good witness to all the medical staff.

sick! what a guilt trip to lay on a child.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Booby,

While I understand your comparison of choices (Disneyland or Bethel) for the young man, the truth is, we really don't know what his options were. The only to way to really find out is to aks him directly. Anything other than this response is pure conjecture.

Again, I say, if he's happy with his choice, then we should all be happy for him.

• booby
    booby

nelly136 and Sam Whiskey = totally with you on the compassionate level. But and it is big but for me. First to nelly136, it was the grandfather that was not doing so well in the "truth". Surely if it meant the young david this would have not been his idea of a big adventure. And it is true Sam Whiskey we don't know the options. Again a but. I find it difficult that the choices are: #1 Bethel, #2 etc. and the reason I even posted this is the sickening cult aspect. The wish foundation is to be lauded, but what a shame that this young mans choice helps the society with what becomes a positive spin. They would no more encourage any support of that organization then they would any other "worldly" group. If they want to be such heroes when they were notified of this why did they not say that the whole premise does not fit their profile. You know; go ahead and help some other young child and WE will honour young davids wishes. Anyway for me it just reeks of adult manipulation of a young impressionable boy. And the society jumping on the bandwagon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit