I NEVER WILL

by getingout 13 Replies latest jw friends

• getingout
    getingout

There are many of you out there that believes all JWS protects child molesters. I am a JW (For now) and I can tell you , I have NEVER and NEVER will protect a child molester.

Calling me a protecter of a child molester because I am a JW is dumb. I don't believe when I choose to live in society I will be a protecter of rapist or child molesters there either. No matter where we live, what we support there will always be child moleters of that system. Can any of you name one place or organization that does not have child molesters?

What about those of you who support our government how many women and children have been raped in those places? does that make you a protecter or child molester?

William , if you have been doing your research on the system, you must know by now that the justice system will give at most (in most cases) six months to child molesters and they can get out in three months on good behaviour.

When I was a child I was called a nigger, when I became a teenager I was considered to be a gangbanger, (Yet I was in my second year in college) I have been pulled over several times because of having a nice car, all because of some judgemental assholes don't like the color of my skin. I didn't feel sorry for myself instead I fought for respect. Now if you feel the only way you can respect me is if I am an ex jws that's cool I can leave just like I came , but don't call me a chlid moleter or one who protects them because of my religion.

For those of you who have been kind, thanx for everything take care of yourselves , good bye....

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Getingout, it seems that you have somewhat of a dilemma on your hands. I'm sure that no one has accused you personally of being a child molester, but rather that the Society has policies that focus more on the appearance of righteousness within the BOrg than with the protection of the victims (past, present, and future) of pedophiles.

It's true that there are child molesters in every area of society. However, most organizations do NOT go out of their way to protect the criminals while castigating the victims.

Your dilemma is that now that you are aware of the policies of the WTBTS to protect their "image" no matter how much damage is done to children, you are an accessory to their crimes if you choose to pretend that the problem doesn't exist and if you continue to support "Mother" in her support of criminals.

What do you think you should do?

• flower
    flower

knowing it happens and saying nothing is the same thing as supporting those who do it. and we all know it happens in the org.

i am an african american also and have lived with prejudice but i dont see where that has anything to do with anything to do with the child molestation subject.

flower
    ps. i pray you see the light soon and get out of there

• getingout
    getingout

i am an african american also and have lived with prejudice but i dont see where that has anything to do with anything.

flower

The point is no matter where we go, there will always be someone who will find a reason to judge you. Yesterday it was the color of my skin today it's my religion, tomorrow it will be another reason...

RedhorseWoman what are you talking about saying others have never gone out of their way to protect these kinds of people? do more research.. Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it's not happening, I am sure many thought the same way about the army until women started comeing foward. I do remember seeing on the news as soon as, a hotline number was given out they had over 8,000 calls in one day. Are you a supporter of the government? what should you do?

• getingout
    getingout

flower
    ps. i pray you see the light soon and get out of there

yes flower then I can live in the same world as you where there are no child molsters and rapist right?............ Tell you what flower pray all night if you like but when you wake up in the morning there will still be no heaven.. Don't take my word for it just try it...

well take care...

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Getingout, perhaps you will notice that I said "most" do not...not "all". Additionally, when the problems have been brought to light, the organization in question generally (notice, I did not say ALWAYS) takes some action to correct the situation. The Watchtower Society has denied and continues to deny any wrongdoing. In fact, they are going out of their way to silence anyone who speaks up.

The point was, also, that when you find out about wrongdoing, you then have to make a decision about whether or not you will continue to support the organization with which you have been associated.

Obviously, if you aren't aware of something, you can't do anything.

I will tell you one thing as far as your example is concerned....I certainly don't support the mistreatment of women in the Army. I've never been in the Army, so I can't leave it, but I'm not going to deny that anything happened as all "righteous" JWs are required to do with respect to "Mother".

I'm out of the cult and speaking up wherever I can. How about you?

• getingout
    getingout

Again, name one organization that does not have these problems? .............out of the cult and supports the government? some church group? I know I bet you support a group that speaks up for women and children....right??????? of course you know as a fact that could never and has never happened there... I don't care where you run, it's all around you. You can lie to the world but don't lie to yourself.......I'll tell you one thing, I wouldn't leave children in the hands of people I thought were molesting them, instead I would stay and fight like hell for them..

I see most people are using the child molester issues only because they want to take down the WT for some other personal reason.. They want to pretend they are doing it for the children but when I read their words their true intentions comes out. They are holding grudes over being shunned, or some other reason, other then child molesting. They don't give a damn about these children if they did, they would have spoken up long before silent lambs came along..They are full of shit.................It doesn't make a difference what I say to you, you will believe what you want. People here are not to different from JWS that I know, I see the same attitudes at meetings........All I am saying is stop judging me because of my religious beliefs... I have seen several times where people have said, "Jehovah's Witnesses are child molesters".........Go back and read some of the threads.......

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

: They don't give a damn about these children if they did, they would have spoken up long before silent lambs came along.

I can't disagree that some people have taken this issue and ran with it to make JWs look far worse than they are.

However, I personally knew very little about the JW policy on child molestors. I knew a couple of capable brothers who used to be elders but were removed for some reason and never said prayers or led the field service groups. Now I know more, and why that was.

Silentlambs has provided a lot of good information and raised an interesting and confrontational issue that most of us knew next to nothing about. If we did, this would have been discussed at length years ago.

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

First of all...have you ever questioned the fact that not until very recently there was never a black brother as a member of the governing body? Second, the policy is there must be 2 witnesses for a judicial matter. This allows molestation/abuse/rape to run rapant. In the Society, children nor women have rights. No longer do you fear G-d, now fear the elders....

• flower
    flower

no offense getting out, but now that you clarified things for me i have to say this is one of the most ridiculous arguments i've ever heard in the defending of the society and their protection of pedophilia.

the fact of the matter is yes it happens all over the world. but where ever it happens people stand up and help however they can to protect the children involved. everywhere that is except in cults like yours.

protecting pedophiles by not turning them over to the police does NOT happen everywhere. requiring two witnesses to see the crime before you will help the child does NOT happen everywhere. lying and covering up does NOT happen everywhere.

i really really am sorry if you cant see that. but at least think up a logical intelligent argument before you try to defend those scum.

flower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit